Few Pics of Moony Riding with the CHUNKED topcrown/stem...

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah they do interfere with the bars, but I have addressed this issue. it seems that later model bikes are coming out with 1 1/2" steerer tubes that run internal bearings bring the entire cockpit lower, making handle bars interfere with the flat style top crowns. He'll have an updated crown coming soon.
Couldn't this issue be overcome by making the stem longer and thus clearing the stanchions? 40mm is reasonably short, will there be a longer option? It's a fantastic looking unit and I am hoping to get hold of one for my DH build but would like a 50mm rather than 40.

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Couldn't this issue be overcome by making the stem longer and thus clearing the stanchions? 40mm is reasonably short, will there be a longer option? It's a fantastic looking unit and I am hoping to get hold of one for my DH build but would like a 50mm rather than 40.
Have gone to a 50mm reach with the Fox and now super low. the BOS forks though, have to go to 55mm as to miss the stanchions, moony rides a 26 brand direct mount stem now and has to run it at the 55mm setting to miss the stanchions. site will be ready very soon, will be putting an add up here on Rotorburn!!

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet Simon.

Just got my hands on a pair of 2010 40's so I'd like to be investing in one of your stems soon!

j-rouch

Squid
well done on this component! i have seen your website and i like where you are going :) i wish you the best for future progress with your brand and components . and your story of the name 'chunked' cracked me up :p i know the felling of being chunked..

stinky dee

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty keen on one of these stems for a new build but was wondering what the weight differencem would be compared to a boxer top crown and stem ( stem arround 150g)?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why wait till tomorrow, do it now!

The other benifets of the crown is that, it's a stiffer set up, lower with more aggressive riding position.

stinky dee

Likes Dirt
Which boxxer style would you reccomend? My current set up is higher but a longer reach than what you offer.
In saying that, I am building up a new Dh bike and only ever ridden whats been available to me or if something has come along cheap, not nccesaraly whats suited to me.