Few questions!

Albinus

Squid
Hey guys :single_eye:

Since moving to Toowoomba almost three years ago, I really haven't had much time to do anything MTB (used to do quite a bit back in Brisbane). Now I have a permanent roster, and starting to gain my fitness back, I'd just like to ask a few questions if that's OK...

1) I work all weekends. I'm also happy to pitch in with trail maintenance (have brushcutter and plenty of large hand tools)... do you guys ever do mid week maintenance? Failing that, I suppose you could always give me GPS coordinates to do something?

2) Looked at your site in progress, can't see for the life of me where or how much it is to join. Probably just blind, but if someone could give me a link that would be great!

3) Trail maps. As I usually ride by myself midweek, I'm kind of lost as to where everything is except Frenzy and Rollercat. Does anyone have an up-to-date map or GPS log that they are willing to share? Cheers!

Hope I haven't been too n00b for you all, just willing to get involved with the MTB community again and make a contribution.

Thanks in advance,

-Albi.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Albinus,
It's pretty rare for the club to do official mid week maintenance, but plenty go and do a bit at a time that suits them to contribute to maintaining the trails.

We are working on getting the membership info sorted on the website ASAP, give us a day or so to get sorted. In short club membership is $20. This gives you voting rights & helps pay for materials to do trail maintenance & purchase club equipment used to hold events. From there to participate on the bike in any club event you would need to purchase a day licence, or look at becoming a MTBA member.

In terms of single track, there is not alot around here, but the club is working on rectifying that. There is a bit of fun fireroad throughout Jubilee & redwood park aswell.

This is the almost the latest addition in Jubilee Park. Officially called Gobbler, but turkey trail to most.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/126472375

There is a heap of moto trails out at cabarlah/murphies ck area. Some are good on a mtb, some are not. Here is a loop that we did out a month or so ago.
http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/schoey/2spm5afa99a3ej7p

There is also some good riding to be had out preston way, but dont think that i have a map of that loop.

We do a regular wednesday arv ride from the Bridge St quarry if you are interested.

There is also a group that do a regular Tuesday and Thursday early morning ride from the same spot too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Jason.

Last edited:

Albinus

Squid
Cheers for that Jason, much appreciated. Hoping to make it for next Wednesday arvo, commitments aside. I'm XC myself, but don't mind giving the DH guys a hand with maintenance. Dropped 7KG in the past month, riding all the way to work in big ring so hopefully not quite as slow as I usually am :)

Hope to see you all then.

Cheers,

Albi (Jon)