FGP Dirt Crits Westgate Melb, Thursdays 6:30pm.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
hmmm hope the westgate park does not washed away after tonight?!
BTW tim, are the past few weeks results about?

Marx

Likes Dirt
Tim, can you confirm theemail addy to send Tag application forms to?

Also, if i sent you an application form now, would it be enough time for you to provide me my E-tag for tonight's event?

Thanks

akashra

Eats Squid
No chance whatsoever on getting it tonight if I get the form today, as they're generally done early in the week, and equipment loaded in to the car the night before. But if I have the form, you'll get a rental assigned at no cost until we get you yours.

Send me the form to tim@clubfgp.com.au and I'll put it on the list to be processed next week, you'll have it for next Thursday.

A reminder that there are no Garmin Dirt Crits on Thursday 24th November, which is the week of the Garmin 24 Hour.

akashra

Eats Squid
View attachment week3.pdf
Apologies guys - once again the generator died on us - we figured out the problem, but not before missing a lap on most riders. While the results are all correct in positions (to the best of my knowledge), most will see at least one long lap time.

Also, for the delays in rego - we're trying to figure out a way to speed it up, but the simple fact is the current system we've been using no longer suits our needs. We've asked for fixes and improvements, but to no avail. Until the new system is ready to go, it's going to be a bit slow.

Last edited:

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Lots of fun last night riding in the mud and through those pools of water! Just wish my turning in the singletrack would get better *sigh*

I found a new use for tyre levers last night - they are really good at scraping the dry mud off one's legs :)

Only bummer was I had to clean the bikes when we got home - was worth it though!

JB0000

Squid
Hi,
I'm kinda keen to try some of these races (CX for the mo until my MTB is re-built). Can someone give me the run down on what I need in terms of licences, bit confused? I'm intending to race a few so don't wanna bother with day licences.

MTBA licence, transponder purchase, do I need to be joined up with a club? Is that all I need?

Hoping to have this sorted for next weeks racing.

Thanks

akashra

Eats Squid
A requirement set by MTBA is that you must join an affiliated club to hold an MTBA license. The club fee is set by the club you choose to join, but it is usually as low as $10-20. This goes on top of your MTBA license, so for example an MTBA license including the ClubFGP club fee would be $110.
If you don't have an MTBA license, you can buy a day license for $20; three day licenses can be put towards your eventual full license purchase and will return you a $30 discount/refund on your license.

FGP have now moved to electronic timing for all FGP events including Garmin Dirt Crits. Information can be found at http://www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/images/results/dirtcrits/series35/fgp_timing_for_riders.pdf
Effectively we're charging only $5 as a rental fee at crits; to buy one will set you back only $50. In the long-term, you're better off buying one.

Crits can be entered per-series, or per week. For a series it will cost you $80, however given that we're at week 4 tomorrow, it's more cost effective to pay week-by-week until the start of Series 37. The weekly entry fee is $10.

It does add up to get started, but makes things easier on us to run the event without mistakes. So long as we remember to open the air intake valve on the generator. But generally run things easier :)

akashra

Eats Squid
Yes, but at the very moment I can't tell you exactly what weeks. I'll have to check with the boss man, but I would say that there will likely be no crits on December 22 and December 29, in addition to November 24 next week.

JB0000

Squid
A requirement set by MTBA is that you must join an affiliated club to hold an MTBA license. The club fee is set by the club you choose to join, but it is usually as low as $10-20. This goes on top of your MTBA license, so for example an MTBA license including the ClubFGP club fee would be $110.
If you don't have an MTBA license, you can buy a day license for $20; three day licenses can be put towards your eventual full license purchase and will return you a $30 discount/refund on your license.

FGP have now moved to electronic timing for all FGP events including Garmin Dirt Crits. Information can be found at http://www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/images/results/dirtcrits/series35/fgp_timing_for_riders.pdf
Effectively we're charging only $5 as a rental fee at crits; to buy one will set you back only $50. In the long-term, you're better off buying one.

Crits can be entered per-series, or per week. For a series it will cost you $80, however given that we're at week 4 tomorrow, it's more cost effective to pay week-by-week until the start of Series 37. The weekly entry fee is $10.

It does add up to get started, but makes things easier on us to run the event without mistakes. So long as we remember to open the air intake valve on the generator. But generally run things easier :)

Ok, thanks for the info.
I've just paid for my MTBA licence (club - FGP) and emailed you an application for a permanent transponder.
Let me know if I need anything else.

akashra

Eats Squid
Yes. There were a number of riders who started in different grades to what they either had raced previously, or specifically told me they were racing in (wtf - yeah, two I distinctly remember). eg, one entered A, started with B, but did 7 laps. Like... wtf?

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
Nick Rudzki and I DNF'd???? Is this because we ate beyond our allocated amount of bbq products after the race??? In that case it should have be DQ'd, not DNF'd. :eek:range:

in all seriousness I know I came in front of Ben Healey - i can still feel the hurt.

Last edited: