Finally. (400k)

n00b

Likes Dirt
So after more than a year of slowly saving and then wasting my money on stuff I didn't need, then saving all over again....
Without further apu :roll: heres the new bike.

I've had it for about 3 weeks so I can't give you a proper assessment as yet, all I can say is that its vastly different to my rigid commuter. (Instead of avoiding bumps and drops I'm purposely riding over and off them)

05 Medium Cannondale Gemini 900 :D

Regan

Eats Squid
You've got a sweet machine there!

I've ridden a few Geminis and they seem like a really balanced bike. Let us know how she fairs after you’ve given her a good thrashing. 8)

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
nice one, the dale's are all good, geo is so sweet :D

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
have to admit, the gemini's the ONLY cannondale frame i have EVER liked.
looks like she should do you well for quite a while.
have fun on it.

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
whats with people and Hayes, lol if there nines be sure to put a piece of tape where the bleed hole is on the lever!! ( everyone in Adelaide does it and it works! :lol: )

nice ride man, if CG rides it, it must be good!

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
I am with lupine128 on this one. One question though, to anyone, would you be able to race this as a mildly competitive club DH bike?

mtbmx

Likes Dirt
DEVLIN said:
I am with lupine128 on this one. One question though, to anyone, would you be able to race this as a mildly competitive club DH bike?
honestly id rather ride a single crown dh bike like this. i reckon it would be better quicker on the flat sections and what not. on some courses i reckon it would be better. its not like every aussie course has 13 ft drops or something.

n00b

Likes Dirt
DEVLIN said:
One question though, to anyone, would you be able to race this as a mildly competitive club DH bike?
To be honest I know very little about downhill as I've never raced> Although one could assume given the history of these bikes it would be fairly capable, but what do I know :?

The Zigster

Likes Dirt
DEVLIN said:
HELL YEAH!!! People have to get over this idea that a bike makes the rider competitive. Sure it helps but sooo much comes down to skill and attitude if you want to be competitive. Hearing the words "Club Race", to me, means that you can race whatever you damn well want. I havent raced for a couple of years but club races used to be more about fun than anything else, and not just for me..

n00b

Likes Dirt
Ryan Hotdog said:
how much did that set u back man? awesome ride, although isn't it an o4 model (fox rear shock and silver colour?)
It was actually bought and assembled in the states, so its probably different to the Australian version. Its got the 05 Hayes 9's on it and the 12mm rear axle so I can say I'm pretty sure its an 05, and the silver colour (raw) is available as a colour choice in 05 as well.