XC Finally, a real bike. Anthem.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
It's arrived and put together. Just need to find the leak in the front tyre, damn tubeless.

Had a quick spin on it and it's a good thing, taking it out tomorrow for a real ride to see how many times I can come off.

camoshop

Banned
Nice one mate, I might be bias because I have an anthem haha but they are a a nice bike, just look away when you see people saying they break :behindsofa:

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
So not bike fit, but I got through a 3 hour ride.

This bike is awesome and makes up for my lack of talent. So damn agile and climbs like a mountain goat, it just makes you push harder and faster.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Congrats on your new bike. Must be the right one if it had you out for 3 hours. Enjoy your two wheel summer.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
So, Avid brakes.... Not real good huh. Can't stop them bloody squealing or touching the rotors.

Any tricks or do I ditch them in favour of XT? If I do ditch them for XT, do I go a 160 or 180 front?

Got a creak in what sounds like the bb too. Time for a service.

downhiller96

Likes Dirt
If you get the XT's you'll never look back! best brake on the market in my eyes! and because your bike is an anthem id probably go 160 but 180 would still do trick!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
If you get the XT's you'll never look back! best brake on the market in my eyes! and because your bike is an anthem id probably go 160 but 180 would still do trick!
Best brake on the market? No. But certainly an awesome brake, and great value for money. Put 180mm on the front, you can never have too much braking, but you'll know about it if you run out. Being an XC bike 160 will get you by, but for the sake of a new adapter, go 180.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Isn't he from Ballarat?

I can't associate with "those" type of people :rofl:
Pfft, he wishes he was from Ballarat. They only let him into town each morning, to do his menial chores, on the provision he promises to return to the hills each evening.