first bike problems

big rozy

Likes Dirt
G'day everyone, i'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment knowing which real bike i should get, and yes i have read all the threads about the dj bikes but there all out of my price range, $1000 max

at my local store this is what they got

specialized hardrock 2006 $780

derelikt 2 2005 $1000

second hand stp2 2006 $750-$800 (mates bike)

thanks alot all suggestions welcome :)

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
If you could get the STP down to $700 you could use the little bit of saved money to make a few upgrades. What will you be really using it for?

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh the 2nd hand stp seems to be the go. The other bikes which are brand new dont have as durable parts as the stp and would have to upgrade/fix things when you progress.. plus the stp is just generalbly more oriented for what your doing. Go get it!

Bazzil ballbag

Likes Dirt
G'day everyone, i'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment knowing which real bike i should get, and yes i have read all the threads about the dj bikes but there all out of my price range, $1000 max

at my local store this is what they got

specialized hardrock 2006 $780

derelikt 2 2005 $1000

second hand stp2 2006 $750-$800 (mates bike)

thanks alot all suggestions welcome :)

Probably the Stp2 but then you join everyone in the world who seems to own a STP. I know they are a good bike, but it's nice to see some different bikes about.

Derelict's have had some reliablity issues, with broken frames, etc. Giant and GT have some good bikes under the 1000 mark, but you'll do much better if you look secondhand. Just make sure there are no cracks in the frame, and give it a good going over before you agree to buy.