first look at the new Ns district 09 bars

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
I just recieved some of the new NS district 2009 bars from rhythm imports today so i thought i might do a review on them and my old Blk Mrkt Bada bings.

everyone loves bada bings and at the moment they are most likely rated the best and most loved Dj bar at the moment. After having riden the old 08 districts, dmr wingbars, kona bars, nemesis project and even the hussefelt bars i thought the same too.

The first look at the new ns bars you can see they have done alot of development and they do suprisingly look alot like the bada bing, but being chromoly are stronger but there-fore heavier. They are 28" (710mm) wide the same as bada bings, but are 3.5" rise, so a tad higher than the 3" bada bings. hopefully this extra rise will be helpfull for turndowns and lookbacks, instead of running ugly spacers.

from as soon as you put them on the bike you can notice the extra back sweep on the Districts which feels cumfortable with your bars a tad more square.

so far i have mounted them to jervis's bike since to me haveing no forks?

but they felt great, i didnt do much but just hopping around and doing some bar spins but they felt right at home and just wanted me to ride them.

i hope to do an on going review on these bars esspecially over the next few days once i get my forks going. i should have waited until i had riden them some more, but what else is there to do without forks?

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
520 grams !
thats more than my blk mrkt badaboom and underboss steam combined!
they are something like 5 times butted chromoloy bars they are light as for a chromoly bar, the ns proof which hasnt come out yet is the alloy one.

you run a chromoly bar for rigids because obviously no suspension and i rekon these will be good for trying flips and stuuf if you can hack?

patto_15

Wheel size expert
everyone loves bada bings and at the moment they are most likely rated the best and most loved Dj bar at the moment.
Only because riders like the Lacondenguys* run them! Honestly i think they are ugly feeling bars and just are plain wrong....

I think the high rise/wide bars is going a bit over the top.. Yay for width, but nah for the rediculous rise...

What doesn't float my boat is the gradual rise, sure the old districts were too sudden, but they have gone to the other end of the scale now...

But since the have been designed and have dimensions of what Soderstrom himself wants in a bar, i spose they must be good some small way..

But hell, they are sooooooo heavy! Why do they have to be soo heavy? People seem to be taking Bada Bings to huge lengths and heights, and they seem to stand up to everything, hence being a favoured bar by most internation dirt jumpers and slopestyle riders...

Pfft, i think these bars would probably be another fail.. Wait for next year when they release a bar mid way between that is just a simple relaxed light bar that is on the right course =]

Last edited:

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Only because riders like the Lacondenguys* run them! Honestly i think they are ugly feeling bars and just are plain wrong....

I think the high rise/wide bars is going a bit over the top.. Yay for width, but nah for the rediculous rise...

What doesn't float my boat is the gradual rise, sure the old districts were too sudden, but they have gone to the other end of the scale now...

But since the have been designed and have dimensions of what Soderstrom himself wants in a bar, i spose they must be good some small way..

But hell, they are sooooooo heavy! Why do they have to be soo heavy? People seem to be taking Bada Bings to huge lengths and heights, and they seem to stand up to everything, hence being a favoured bar by most internation dirt jumpers and slopestyle riders...

Pfft, i think these bars would probably be another fail.. Wait for next year when they release a bar mid way between that is just a simple relaxed light bar that is on the right course =]

yeh na this is more the bar thats made for rigids or a hack rider.

ns also make a ns proof bar which isnt out yet, that one is designed by martin soderstrom, is 3" rise and alloy. its acctualy lighter than bada bings and bada booms.

anyway back to this district, i went for a ride on them today after getting my forks back and they feel unreal compared to my old bars. Flatties felt cumfortable, tucks felt fine and t-bogs werent much of a challenge. also i tried a tail whip and i'm not sure if its the extra backsweep or what but i kept over rotating.

alway i cant wait for the ns proof bar cause im a bit of a weight weenie to, but i recomend these to anyone that runs rigids or is a park rat.

little norco boy

Likes Dirt
that sucks i just got new badabooms through ECI but now ive seen them ns bars i want them:p thier sick and they look like theyd be a really nice bar to ride:)