First Look: Completely Redesigned 2014 Santa Cruz Nomad

binner

Hath shat hymself
Lovely

It must be an April fools joke

the pink is gorgeous, I can see so many being sold, squids buy up now!!!!!

Ivan

Eats Squid
Thank the lord they steepened the seat angle!

Nice change to the lower link too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As a long time nomad owner...wow! 142mm axle solve my only criticism of the bike - a little flex in the rear end.

Really like the straight top tube as well.

Shame about the wheel size. I was wanting to run my 20s on it.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
If that blue and pink colour scheme is for real then quite frankly they could not give me that hideous thing!
I don't give a shit if it could pedal itself uphill and be guaranteed to get me a root with Karina Cavalho on the way down, they can keep it.

Blacks cool though

Gripo

Eats Squid
I think the colour is only half your worry, they've turned the Nomad into a DH-lite' bike....

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No FD mount. Ah, and now we wait a few weeks for Shimano to release their 1x drivetrain options.

ChopSticks

Banned
Are they updated Enve wheels? They look a lot deeper than the current models.
yepp new m70 wheels...... along with new monarch shock. With details to follow soon (as per http://enduro-mtb.com/en/first-look-the-new-santa-cruz-nomad/)

+1 for Santa to sticking to their guns and using a threaded BB shell ! non of this pressfit shit !

Edit:
http://forums.mtbr.com/santa-cruz/spotted-whistler-new-650b-nomad-882489.html

seems like this was spotted back in October in Whistler.

Last edited:

omac

Likes Dirt
i see these bikes pop up every now and then....what are they like to ride?
It was with out a doubt the best big rig I've ever had, I really regret selling it now.
The head angle was a little tight so it suited tight tech stuff (it was a free ride bike) but I had no trouble chasing the DH rigs at Buller either & it pedaled really well (could climb up mellow fire trails).
285.jpg

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
if they adopt the tucked in lower linkage to their other 27.5 bikes they can then sort the wheelbase lengths....pity they didn't put a lil mud guard on the lower triangle to protect it from the dirt n' shiste