First offroad run with gopro.

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate.

I gather you use the chestmount? how have u set it up so it doesnt bounce around on your chest? My videos keep coming up al shaky because it jumps everywhere...
Cheers.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes i do use the chest mount,
I usually get it to a comfortable tightness, then just tighten it a little more. you dont really notice the difference.
Also, i use a neckbrace, so i have that strap going round it and keeping it tight as well.
Cheers mate :D

boofy

Likes Bikes
Hey mate.

I gather you use the chestmount? how have u set it up so it doesnt bounce around on your chest? My videos keep coming up al shaky because it jumps everywhere...
Cheers.

you can fix the shaking by getting a contour instead. i have both the gopro and a contour and much prefer the contour. to be fair my gopro is a standard definition hero wide, but i have compared footage against my mates gopro hd 1080 when he was riding on the same track with me. too me the contour just looked smoother and more natural. only problem with the new contour plus is it is ssssooo expensive compared to the gopro.

regarding the op, nice track and video.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you can fix the shaking by getting a contour instead. i have both the gopro and a contour and much prefer the contour. to be fair my gopro is a standard definition hero wide, but i have compared footage against my mates gopro hd 1080 when he was riding on the same track with me. too me the contour just looked smoother and more natural. only problem with the new contour plus is it is ssssooo expensive compared to the gopro.

Thanks mate, but can you chest mount a contour? That's the reason I lock my gopro, endless mounting options

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt

My Gopro hero hd has never had any shaking problems. The best setting for shooting is R3 (720p 60fps). 1080p isn't better because it's filmed on a smaller angel and the FPS is lower. So when your going over fast ruff stuff the 720 will look smother. Plus, unless you are watching it on a tv I don't think you would be able to tell 1080 and 720 apart. If it shakes you're doing 1 of 3 things wrong:
1. Not doing up the screws as tight as you can get them
2. You have a dodgy quick release mount. (put a strip of tap on the bit the male clip slides into, this will take up the play.)
3. you're a hack

Myad

Likes Bikes
My GoPro didn't last very long, I tested it offroad then when I got back it wouldn't read my card. Hopefully you will have better luck, I also agree it should point up a bit more. Just keep trying different things till you find something you like

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My GoPro didn't last very long, I tested it offroad then when I got back it wouldn't read my card. Hopefully you will have better luck, I also agree it should point up a bit more. Just keep trying different things till you find something you like
mine wont read the card every now and then. I usually just turn it off. take Card out, blow on card and card holder (gets excess dust out of it).
then just put it back in. Works every time for me.
One thing i tried with a mate today, Is to put the camera upside down on the mount, so then you can get the angel you want. (there is a setting on the gopro to film upside down.
Works much better on getting the angel right. :D
thanks guys for the help

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Bahahahaha just a 2 seconds before the end of the video... "HOLY FUCK!"

Nice video :)

I took mine on my first offroad run out at Oxford Falls. But it turns out my laptop has a fucking shitty processor and simply doesn't have the capability to play footage off the GoPro smoothly - it's choppy and doesn't play portions of it every 2 seconds or so. We don't have HD TV and there will be no buying a HD TV in the future. Fuaarking pissed about this.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bahahahaha just a 2 seconds before the end of the video... "HOLY FUCK!"

Nice video :)

I took mine on my first offroad run out at Oxford Falls. But it turns out my laptop has a fucking shitty processor and simply doesn't have the capability to play footage off the GoPro smoothly - it's choppy and doesn't play portions of it every 2 seconds or so. We don't have HD TV and there will be no buying a HD TV in the future. Fuaarking pissed about this.
I am in the same position as you mate. I just upload em all to youtube. (on private ) to a separate account to see what they are actually like.
Really shits me though