First Race

soulman1

Squid
hey guys,
had my first face at HMBA's last club meet at Awaba.. HMBA have done an awesome job on monkey..
Was good fun and will definately be doing it again!

however, i dont have armour and ive read a few posts about it and im still not sure whether or not to get it?? im a uni student so im not loaded with cash, what the best value for money?
also i saw 2 sets of 661's for sale at the meet, 50 each. anyone know whos these are and how i can contact them?
cheers.

FoxXx

Likes Bikes
hey guys,
had my first face at HMBA's last club meet at Awaba.. HMBA have done an awesome job on monkey..
Was good fun and will definately be doing it again!

however, i dont have armour and ive read a few posts about it and im still not sure whether or not to get it?? im a uni student so im not loaded with cash, what the best value for money?
also i saw 2 sets of 661's for sale at the meet, 50 each. anyone know whos these are and how i can contact them?
cheers.
i would certainly invest in at least knee pads and some armour if your looking at DH racing, best thing with you armour though would be to get a short sleeved on as long sleeves are way to hot for aus, but i def recommend them saved me from having a broken shoulder :D 661 do a short sleeve cheap armour jacket thats pretty good also for knee pads get some 661 kyle straights there fantastic

ben95

Likes Bikes
Definitely get some knee pads, but body armor is really personal preference. I don't have any at the moment but I'm sussing out a few different ones.

soulman1

Squid
yeah cheers lads, i've got knee and elbow.. and yeah the rents want me to get it (armour) if im racing but i suppose i was thinking the long sleeve as having seperate elbow pads would get annoying.. but yeah short sleeve could be an option..

Nick.Andrews

Cannon Fodder
Amrour

I did my first race at thredbo it was really good best track i have riden if you guys have some other tracks close to sydney that are just fantastic let me know i have done ourimbah and stuff i was going to race last weekend but my dad broke his shoulder on the track and i went to the hospital with him.

About the armour YOU HAVE TO GET ARMOUR! if i didn't have armour or a full face or knee pads i would be screwed i would have a few broken bowns and BIG grazes so i fully suggest you buying armour would be cheaper then having to pay for hospital fees
cheers
Nick