First ride 29er ss rigid

Had my first ride on my Cannondale sl3 today on the Yarra trails today and had a ball, couldn't really tell you why, but it was more fun than riding my 120mm BMC squishy on those trails and it sure is going to make me a better and stronger rider, Rhys.

Snuffy

Likes Bikes
It's just better.

I can't think of another way of describing it.

And don't just limit yourself to "easy" trails like the Yarra Trails. I ride mine pretty much everywhere now and my Jamis Dragon is generally just gathering dust (last time I looked both tubeless tyres had let go).

Nath8

Likes Dirt
29er ss rigid. No other bike required:very_drunk:

I ride mine everywhere. After a while, you forget about gears and suspension.

If a trail beats you, harden up and do it again. Soon everything seems normal and anything non SS seems wrong.

BIG RUSTY

Likes Dirt
I love mine

I think its because I feel like a kid on a really big BMX just riding for the fun of it.

Not thinking about smooth shifting, is my suspension working OK etc.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
rigid hurts my ageing old bones

SS hurts my ageing old muscles

I am thinking golf is looking good or maybe cage fighting

Big JD

Wheel size expert
you are a freak

you are all freaks - I only ride a rigid cause i cant afford suspension - if I needed to get back in touch with my inner bmx child or intune with the trail/earth - i would cover myself in Yak fat, comsume mushrooms and howl at the moon - so 1980s

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you really don't want to hit a hidden pot hole with a rigid, 1 week wrist injury. reckon it took me 3 months for my arms to adapt to riding a rigid. took a bit longer to realize you simply can't ram through a rock garden, front tyre would die from rock penertration.

I'm just updating my commuter and looking at 29 carbon fork rigid options, one-on, niner (too $$), a few chinese brands on ebay - but keep thinking of face plant when I bash through terrain, so one-on looks like best option.

jd, have found a big fat tyre on front at 25psi, aren't a bad rigid suspension option.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
you really don't want to hit a hidden pot hole with a rigid, 1 week wrist injury. reckon it took me 3 months for my arms to adapt to riding a rigid. took a bit longer to realize you simply can't ram through a rock garden, front tyre would die from rock penertration.

I'm just updating my commuter and looking at 29 carbon fork rigid options, one-on, niner (too $$), a few chinese brands on ebay - but keep thinking of face plant when I bash through terrain, so one-on looks like best option.

jd, have found a big fat tyre on front at 25psi, aren't a bad rigid suspension option.
mate i am sticking to the 80s flashbacks and mushroom broth - you have all gone mad

Big JD

Wheel size expert
no seriously a rigid is fine for cruisy Yarra spins and on my commuter. I have a HT SS for everything else - miss a FS for long casual rides and chunks and stunts.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Stevob needs help

don't say that to Stevob think he went sub 7 hours on a rigid at OO...
Stevob is a freak - I e-love him (just on the quite) - but it doesnt excuse that sort of behavour - at 100kgs and 6.5 I would sooner join the navy in a frock than put my body through 7 hours or misery.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
So why you trying to talk me into buying a SS HT
cause I am so bitter and twisted - I need to live my life varcariously through others - younger people with a slight glint in their eyes and spring in their keyboards. Boxer - I only advised you in your search for a SS 29er MTB - you were already convinced on the concept and romantic appeal - like moving around your furniture to redecorate (you already have the room and the furniture but just looking for assistance on where to put things). No one can blame me for your SS rigid tomfoolery - you lot didnt need to buy my old bikes - I never said it would be easy - I may have embelished to experience/sensation to sell my old Swift or Ventana but hey SS rigids are fine if you are 18yrs old and not very smart