First time user GoPro HD - Light DH

houli77

Likes Dirt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so_WCvGQNv4

First time using GoPro HD.

Just a test run, quick light DH push track.

Filmed in 1080 30fps.

Read the instruction a bit more thoroughly post ride and realised that i probably should have used the 960p setting as it has a better vertical width and will work better for chest mount. realise it's going to take a few rides to nail the sweet spot regarding upward angle over the bars too.

Had to mount the cam upside down to get the lift over the bars with the chest mount?

Did a few trail side shots aswell just to test. i even put the camera on a long stick with the frame mount and took some high shots.

As it was a test, i didn't touch colour or light and audio is raw. didn't add any music.

Shot with open back case, audio seems pretty good.

so far pretty stoked..

Taking this thing to the snow in a few weeks over in the states, and gonna be riding dh in NZ on way home :D

S.

ex offender
Nice vid mate. Yeah you do need to mount the camera upside down, I found about 45 degrees from the chest plate works pretty well. Also do those straps up TIGHT, it gets rid of a lot of the shaking you see there, and if you've got a Leatt then wearing that over the top helps too in my experience.

houli77

Likes Dirt
$440 ebay.

cost a bit extra for a good size fast SD card.

and the chest mount is extra too.

all up spent bout $650 with 32gig SD, chest mount, bar mount, surfboard mount (looking forward to taking it in the water..)

i love it...

Thanks for advice S. i'll try doing chest strap up tighter, it does seems to flap around a bit.

Yorto

Likes Dirt
Nice video mate :).
All I can suggest is to stick the little orange thing in the mount if you are going to use it on a helmet cam or another mount like it. Stops the clattering that is heard :)