First Video - Goats track on a hardtail

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Made my first video today of me doing a local trail in near the Barwon River in Geelong.
However, if you are someone who doesn't particularly like crap riding or videos like this, either don't watch it or don't post any crap like saying that I have wasted 1 and a half minutes of your life.
It was also made with windows movie maker so there isn't really anything special about it...

Anyway, here it is:
[video=vimeo;10132312]http://vimeo.com/10132312[/video]

Constructive criticism would be great.

Cheers

Last edited:

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
its not too bad . But windows movie makers not that bad, just have to work on the cutting the click down more
good job

jimmy irwin

Likes Dirt
work on the cutting the click down more
good job
Yep, i agree there was a lot of filming done on no riding, but it really wasn't bad for a first video, just get to know movie maker a bit better, cut the film where there is no riding, and it will look smoother and better.

Last edited:

zen zen

Likes Dirt
thats an alright vid mate. But i have a few suggestions. One when you do the rider walking up you just want a quick clip not 30 seconds of it. Two The time before the rider enters the shot and the time after he leaves is way to long, You definitely need to shorten that dramatically i was getting slightly bored just looking at nothing. Three maybe use some more filming techniques then just a still shot, Such as panning and zooming because just using one gets boring.

other then thats well done.

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
I would get rid of the excess crap now, but I saved it as a movie, not as a project...

Screw it, I'll fix it up either later on tonight or tomorrow but right now, I can't be stuffed...

How do you make a section of it faster (for the part when pushing up)?

Last edited:

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Finished fixing it up so heres the new video.

[video=vimeo;10132312]http://vimeo.com/10132312[/video]

zen zen

Likes Dirt
I would get rid of the excess crap now, but I saved it as a movie, not as a project...

Screw it, I'll fix it up either later on tonight or tomorrow but right now, I can't be stuffed...

How do you make a section of it faster (for the part when pushing up)?
You eather speed it up or just have him walking a bit or have him walking then jump to him walking a lil further up the shot. Have a look at Ty and Nicks Vids they have some of this in it that will help.

Also nice new edit mate made it look so much better. With the nothingness edited out it makes him seem allot faster. One little bad thing is the transition between clips you don't always have to have an effect just a simple change is good, You don't need box in and box out just a simple change or black fade looks much more professional.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
iBut windows movie makers not that bad
Anyway, what editing software are you using?
Pretty good effort for a first time, only criticism is those transitions!
Did you place the camera down on the ground?
Did you use a tripod at all, or was it all freehand?
If you pan through a shot, and have a shot following it, panning in the same direction, this will give the same affect as a transition, giving it a smooth change between shots.

Besides all that a nice little edit!

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
One little bad thing is the transition between clips you don't always have to have an effect just a simple change is good, You don't need box in and box out just a simple change or black fade looks much more professional.
Fair enough but I reckon they don't look too bad. If I knew how to do a black fade or whatever i would though. Thanks for the help :D

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Pretty good effort for a first time, only criticism is those transitions!
Did you place the camera down on the ground?
Did you use a tripod at all, or was it all freehand?
Besides all that a nice little edit!
It was actually ridden and filmed by myself so its a bit hard to pan...
For some of it, the camera was on the ground and I don't have a tripod so instead i somehow managed to wedge the camera between trees etc.
It turned out pretty good though :D