Fitness/weight app

scblack

Leucocholic
Guys,

I searched but came up empty. My wife is looking to lose some weight now that kids are dealt with and her stomach is somewhat ready for work now.

What I am looking for is an app that some guys have mentioned over the last few months. You input exercise and food intake and it gives a good (not perfect) approximation of calories etc to assist in the process.

I cannot for the life of me remember the app. Please let me know what it was!

Cheers.

+ 1 for my fitness pal.

get pacer and digifit as well. Pacer for step count, digifit for running, gym workouts etc. Both push data to my fitness pal so you can account for the kilojoules burnt through exercise.

Strava plugs in as well

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
MyFitnessPal is great, but none of these work unless the user is honest and consistent.

I used it last year when i was on a major fitness regime.... worked really well but i was strict about entries.
The bar code scanner is a nice touch, so if youre out and have no choice but to eat something out of a wrapper, you can scan it and its automatically pulls in all the nutrition info.

Mine app stopped working after I kept on putting in beer, pies and fries........:behindsofa:

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah I would say MyFitnessPal is one of the best ones going around but as mentioned it is only useful if you are 100%honest with what you enter into it, meaning if you eat 1 chocolate biscuit it goes into MFP, if you have a handful of chips or shapes or whatever it goes in, no point logging your food intake if you leave out little bits here and there as it all adds up very quickly.....

I found it very good for raising awareness in regards to kilojoule count for different foods.

I'm pretty honest with it, however if I know on a particular day that I'm gonna blow it I don't use it and I don't sweat it.

I'm finding it a great motivator as well.

I'm an ex financial analyst so the more numbers the better !!!