Fitting Maxxis tyres on Stan's rims

speshboy

Likes Bikes
Looking for some new tyres to go on my Stan's Crest rims. Been reading some people having a hard time getting certain tyres onto these rims. So before I order new tyres, has anyone had trouble getting Maxxis Adrents 2.25 or Crossmarks 2.1 onto Crest rims? Also considering Hans Dampf 2.3. Will be looking to run tubes at first.

Thanks

moorey

call me Mia
The stans all seem to have a lower than usual sidewall. I've recently been swapping back and forward between high roller and nobby nic on my stan flow. I never use tyre levers for any tyres, and found these particularly easy to get on and off compared to other rims I run.
I had more trouble getting maxxis advantages onto my previous mavic crossride rims.

eek2

Squid
I recently put Continental Mountain Kings on Stans Flow EX and it was a little harder than usual, Stans have a slightly larger hook to the edge of the rim (for tubeless I'm guessing). I just used many tyre leavers to slowly put on the tire cm by cm. I think the difficulty will depend on the stiffness of the tire, the Continentals have insanely stiff walls as they are tubeless. So I'm sure the Maxxis tyres will work just have patience and a large number of leavers.

v8kurtis

Cannon Fodder
Hans Dampf 2.35 onto Arch EX I have found to be super easy.
Previously had UST Advantage 2.1 and Monorail 2.1 on the same rims no probs.