Five Ten Impacts Review

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
"Well I’ve finally got myself a pair of Five Ten Impact shoes, well two pairs at the moment. I like them that much..."

Check it out here.

Pete J

loves his dog
Spelling and grammar were a bit dodgy on the review, might want to edit it a bit. Otherwise it was ok! :)
Now i just gotta try and find a pair here in Finland!!

lindsay

Likes Dirt
ROY G BIV said:
Spelling and grammar were a bit dodgy on the review, might want to edit it a bit.
Yeah it was pretty shocking. Fixed now. I think I should have proof read it a bit more carefully.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice review slightly biased *cough cough* sponsorship, :D but I have a question.

How do they stack up in the wet and/or muddy conditions? Ive got some killer skate shoes (Globes) with a honeycomb type sole they rock in the dry but are still a bit slippery in the wet.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Mahoney_007 said:
Nice review slightly biased *cough cough* sponsorship, :D but I have a question.

How do they stack up in the wet and/or muddy conditions? Ive got some killer skate shoes (Globes) with a honeycomb type sole they rock in the dry but are still a bit slippery in the wet.
i had no trouble on the pedals at norwa (which was thick mud at some times) still stick awesome, the mud just cakes outwards.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Their grip in muddy conditions has a lot to do with your pedals. If they clear mud well enough then the grip is great. No shoe is going to stick to a pedal when there is a centemeter of mud seperating them.

I've never had any trouble keeping my feet on the pedals in muddy conditions with the Easton Flatboy pedals I use. Any pedal with pins seems to go pretty good in the wet.

slared

Banned
ROY G BIV said:
Spelling and grammar were a bit dodgy on the review, might want to edit it a bit. Otherwise it was ok! :)
Now i just gotta try and find a pair here in Finland!!
shut up NERD! haha just joking

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
I'm waiting for my order to come in. The team I'm sponsored by got hooked up with Five-Ten, so they set us up really nice! :D

diddy

Likes Dirt
There is a five ten dealer in oz, in sydney! I'm not sure what the deal is yet but you can contact them: Spelean.com.au (02) 99669800

Dicky

Punter God
my god.
I feel like I have double sided tape on my pedals.

It's a little scary at first, but these things are awesome...

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Has anyone had any dramas with the lack of stiffness? I've noticed that they seem a lot harder than the mountainmasters, but they both grip the same.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
The sole on my impacts appears not as stiff as my old mt masters, and the tread pattern on the impacts is not as deep as the mt masters.

In all fairness i don't actually think the impacts grip better, i think my mt masters did and its mainly due to the deeper tread pattern meaning the spikes go in further.

The stealth rubber compound is identical so they "should" grip the same.

Not sure though, only really had 1 good day riding them. Could be my imagination.

THE CHENZ

Likes Dirt
5-10 too good maybe???

Yeah it seem`s the tread is slightly shallow, but what`s worse is that everyone has to wait another few week`s for the importer to have bloody stock!!!!!! :cool:

melon

Likes Bikes
durability?

How do the soles hold up to riding with aggressive pins? My current shoes (some sort of Columbias) are uber sticky but the tread has been really badly ripped up by my pedals. Just wondering how the impacts hold up? (Any pics of used ones would be great...)

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
I've been riding on mine for a couple of months and the durability seems fine.The pins do leave marks in the rubber but it seems to spring back out after a while.....they beat skate shoes etc. hands down.Like being clipped in without being clipped in.

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
FR_MANIAC said:
I've been riding on mine for a couple of months and the durability seems fine.The pins do leave marks in the rubber but it seems to spring back out after a while.....they beat skate shoes etc. hands down.Like being clipped in without being clipped in.
Yep, the Five-Tens are the best shoes ever made for platform pedals...hands down! Your feet just won't move from the pedals...it is like being clipped in without being clipped in. Not only do your feet stay put, but they are very comfortable and even though the soles are thick, you can still feel your pedals.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
blt2ride said:
Yep, the Five-Tens are the best shoes ever made for platform pedals...hands down! Your feet just won't move from the pedals...it is like being clipped in without being clipped in. Not only do your feet stay put, but they are very comfortable and even though the soles are thick, you can still feel your pedals.
Amen to that brother. also ive changed from my funns back to my wellgos and they grip better.