Five Ten Kestrel

Markee

Likes Dirt
Anyone tried/wearing Five Ten's Kestrels? I'm wondering how they run for sizing as I'm currently wearing the Spesh 2FO's and although they are great they're a little too narrow and all day in them gives me pain on the outside of my foot as soon as I stop riding. On the bike all is good but if I stop for lunch and get back into it foot pain is there and does not let up even if I loosen the laces.
So wondering if anyone is using the Kestrel's because I know Five Ten are a wider shoe and how they run size wise? I'm a regular US9/EU42.5 in sneakers but the 2FO's are US9.5/EU43
Thoughts/comments?

sundy

Likes Dirt
I don't have Kestrels, but I've had 4 or 5 pairs of other Five Tens.
My Five Tens are EU44/US10.5 and my 2FO's are EU44/US10.6 (yes, that's ten point SIX).
So I'd suggest the sizing of the two brands is quite close.

Markee

Likes Dirt
I don't have Kestrels, but I've had 4 or 5 pairs of other Five Tens.
My Five Tens are EU44/US10.5 and my 2FO's are EU44/US10.6 (yes, that's ten point SIX).
So I'd suggest the sizing of the two brands is quite close.
Cheers mate. I did read mine as US9.6 but just ignored it as another of Specialized marketing rubbish!
Do you find the 2FO's narrow and the Five Ten's wider/more comfortable?

sundy

Likes Dirt
I do find the Five Ten's wider, looser and more flexible, but mine have all been Freeriders. Those Kestrels look quite different to Freeriders, so it might not be the best reference point.