Flagon, kicker?

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
Noticed a good board of wood at flagon on the straight just before the smooth dusty corners, thought it would be perfect for a kicker anyone know more on the matter?

Maby I'm wrong and no ones doing anything to the track but damn that would be a sick jump it would be massive!!! and not just a drop off an actual jump with a kicker which means extended air time which means tricks!!!

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know the board you speak of. I do Believe someone had it on on of the straights as a bit or a shallow crappily built jump. It was only there for a couple weeks.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man made materials do not have a place on that track. Dont build anything with it.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
I will. I'm sure after I tell him it has broken my collarbone twice he'll see the funny side.

DOWNHILLPHILL was there the day I broke my collarbone the second time, so I was hoping he'd get the reference. :biggrin:

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will. I'm sure after I tell him it has broken my collarbone twice he'll see the funny side.

DOWNHILLPHILL was there the day I broke my collarbone the second time, so I was hoping he'd get the reference. :biggrin:
Aaaah your that guy.

Keep it upright and it's an awesome track

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
haha it is the worst track in the world! the last time I rode it I lost the jockey wheel to my derailur not a major problem just annoying,

spose it could be worse there could of been a dude sitting in the middle of the track, right where the chute is and I could of broken my already broken collarbone haha nah that would never happen :p

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Aaaah your that guy.

Keep it upright and it's an awesome track
Agreed. I really really loved that track, super quick shuttles, had nice flow, was rough and really tires you out for the distance.

So maybe its a good track, just cursed.

robo56

Squid
I found a place out there were i'm going to build a 9m jump ( when i get time that is ), It shouldn't interfere with the rest of the track.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
I'd probably vote for some little jumps in those big long boring straights (Just after the road crossing, and bit down from the drop). Don't have to massive ones. Just little booters that are a bit of fun for everyone (without a hefty case too, so un-confident kiddies can hit it). I'm almost finished my exams (2 weeks), after that I'll definitely be keen to come on down and help out.

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
I'd probably vote for some little jumps in those big long boring straights (Just after the road crossing, and bit down from the drop). Don't have to massive ones. Just little booters that are a bit of fun for everyone (without a hefty case too, so un-confident kiddies can hit it). I'm almost finished my exams (2 weeks), after that I'll definitely be keen to come on down and help out.
Yeah sounds like a plan, I live fairly close to the track actually just inside Toowoomba, C'mon guys who thinks we should do this?

Actuaaally the thing I love about the first strait is the speed but I hate peddaling and then only going "proper fast" for half of the strait but a small kicker would give you speed at the start of the strait.... hmm just food for thought

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Yeah mate, as soon as these f*#king exams are over I'm definitely in. Easily my favourite track in Toowoomba for shuttle efficiency.

I'd probably almost look at getting a set. 3 tiny little ones that just pop you as you go down (off to the right of the track), and then maybe a bigger one off the left. Depends how much work you're looking at. But I'd definitely aim for getting some major variety on this track of all difficulties; same case for all Toowoomba tracks: especially new Rollercat.

robo56

Squid
Yeah mate, as soon as these f*#king exams are over I'm definitely in. Easily my favourite track in Toowoomba for shuttle efficiency.

I'd probably almost look at getting a set. 3 tiny little ones that just pop you as you go down (off to the right of the track), and then maybe a bigger one off the left. Depends how much work you're looking at. But I'd definitely aim for getting some major variety on this track of all difficulties; same case for all Toowoomba tracks: especially new Rollercat.
I dont mind as long as there not sharp little kickers so you can still peddle your guts out of the corner and still hold heaps of speed down the hill.

I was going to build a track off to the left side of the first straight which will then swing back and jump back up and over the track were you turn left to the drops. Then make a bigger drop to the right of the tree were the original drop off is which will end up going to the right of the big tree at the bottom of the first straight. A little hard to explain on here but it wont affect the track that's there. If there objections let me no. It will be done properly and make some more lines to mix your runs up. It should be started before the weekend.

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
Woaaah wait up

We should ask permission if we are even touching the track from TMBC they are the majority that ride it.

All I was saying is (maby) a decsent jump, not a track makeover I'm sure someone will get pissed.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Well officially we shouldn't be discussing an illegal trail on TMBC. But it's basic track maintenance, some one has to do. Someone is always sure to complain for the first few weeks, but they'll soon get over it. Just as long as you keep those other lines open.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe you should all come and invest your time on a legal trail project? TMBC is screaming for people to come and help build/extend our trail network.

As Joy Boy has stated Flaggon is not a legal track & local authorities have basically turned a blind eye to it. Mess with it too much, annoy the local residence & i'm sure they'd put a dozer through it. Best to keep it low key IMO.

TMBC has no claim to ownership of the track, nor did TMBC build the track.

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
Maybe you should all come and invest your time on a legal trail project? TMBC is screaming for people to come and help build/extend our trail network.

As Joy Boy has stated Flaggon is not a legal track & local authorities have basically turned a blind eye to it. Mess with it too much, annoy the local residence & i'm sure they'd put a dozer through it. Best to keep it low key IMO.

TMBC has no claim to ownership of the track, nor did TMBC build the track.
Aww it's legal? wheres the fun in that?

Nah I'm actually fairly interested in this roller cat track, I have never even rode it, whats it like? All the maintainence days are at bad times for me haha..........

I'm not kidding dang it!!!!