Floor Mounted Bike Racks

mtb1611

Seymour
As per title, any recommendations re a floor mounted bike rack (rear wheel in)? Have seen a few advertised, just wondering if anyone had any advice re models to recommend, and those to stay clear of. Looking for on to hold 5 bikes, both mtb and road. Cheers.

nathanm

Eats Squid
The cyclingdeal ones are ok. little bit unstable when used individually and depending on bike may have issues pushing on the rotor or the bike resting on the cassette but were a good price at $50 delivered for 5. I can send through pics if you'd like.

Minlak

custom titis
one of the guys up here has a piece of construction ply / marine ply that fits inside the tray of his ute and he has mounted these along the edge of the ply and then just uses a strap to tie the wheel to the rack - It seems to work well . I am about to do the same and leave it on the floor in the shed to stop the stands moving when i put the bikes in and out - I already have the stands Bunnings also have some cool home made ones they give you instructions for. (just dont look the second video guy in the eye)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I got one of these but from an Aldi Special Buy and not Catch. It was about $50-60ish a few years ago I think, maybe.
Works as advertised.

https://www.catch.com.au/product/6-bike-floor-stand-with-helmet-hangers-1282745/

Don't discount the smaller single wheel stand with wheels. They are a lot more flexible and you aren't locked into one big stand where bikes next to each other will have their handlebars stacked closely together. If you put one in nose first and the next tail first then it is usually more of a headache to get the nose first ones out due to the neighbour's handlebars in the way. You can adjust the single wheel stands for both road and MTB wheel.

The wheely stand is super for maintenance too. Put it whereever you like and you are ready to go.

If you can snare a few at a discount on AliExpress since it seems just like the sort of generic stuff that is hawked there then I reckon you would be better off.

mtb1611

Seymour
The cyclingdeal ones are ok. little bit unstable when used individually and depending on bike may have issues pushing on the rotor or the bike resting on the cassette but were a good price at $50 delivered for 5. I can send through pics if you'd like.
Thanks @nathanm that would be great, was actually looking at theirs today.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have the one pictured in @Minlak post. Work fine for me as individual racks. Together they do get tight nose to tail but I usually put my bikes in rear first (haha) and the wifes bike nose in since mine are used most often.