Flow DH @ Beechworth MTB Park - Finals at night under lights !

gravity

Likes Dirt
Two mountain bike events packed in to one exciting day on Saturday October 6, 2012 at the Beechworth Mountain Bike Park.

Flow DH (Downhill) and Flow XCD (Cross Country Descent)

The Flow XCD takes place from 11am-6pm and is a cross country descent event on just over 3km of sweet flowing singletrack. The other event, the Flow DH is running from 11am-9pm on the 1.2km downhill course. The unique nature of this event is that the finals will be under lights at night ! Night Downhill racing...exciting stuff huh ? If you don't enter, come along and watch all the excitement. You can even enter both events for $100 for the day. Bring 2 bikes to race on or if you only have an all mountain bike, this will be fine too. Entries are now open.

http://www.flowDH.com
http://www.flowXCD.com

Cheers,
Paul Fitzgerald
(Gravity Sports)
http://www.gravitysport.com

Attachments

Last edited:

gravity

Likes Dirt
A little over 2 weeks to go now. Please don't forget to enter online asap to help sort out transport logistics.

gravity

Likes Dirt
URGENT PRESS RELEASE

Flow DH and Flow XCD event cancelled - social ride to go ahead

I am passionate about mountain biking and I share this value when it comes to putting on great MTB events. It's always a risk putting on new races, and the Flow DH and Flow XCD event is no exception. Despite all efforts to make the event a success, unfortunately the current number of entries is too low to be able to make the event viable. Gravity Sports strives to put on safe, enjoyable and professional mountain bike events and we are not willing to compromise and 'cut corners' in achieving this. I apologise to those that will be disappointed but I am left with no choice but to cancel the Flow DH and Flow XCD race.

All is not lost though as the day will go ahead as planned without the racing and the night component. A full refund is available to those that have already entered. Alternatively, a full day (11am-6pm) of fun shuttling will be available on both the Flow DH and Flow XCD courses at the Beechworth MTB Park (we might even sneak in some runs on the Woolshed Trail) for $30 plus MTBA insurance (an additional $5 for non-members for this now social event).

Our loyal sponsors Pushys Bike Warehouse in Albury will be at the social ride on Saturday 6 October with a range of sweet Giant bikes you can demo, including XC and DH rigs.

As the sun sets on a sweet day of riding, grab some food and drink in town and kick back at the Beechworth MTB Park. Please contact us by phone 0419 317 012 or e-mail- gravitysports@bigpond.com if you intend on coming to the Flow Shuttle Day so we can manage transport numbers. Again, my apologies for this disappointing news. Please contact me should you have any further queries or
any issues. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Paul Fitzgerald
Gravity Sports

http://www.gravitysport.com
E-mail- gravitysports@bigpond.com
Tel- 0419 317 012

abc1234

Squid
Firstly great idea, downhill under lights.
I think the problem with attendance is because its on the same weekend as Alburys race.
You probably should have changed weekends, this race has been on for years and is attended well, that takes a lot of your crowd away. We had to choose and we chose Albury.
In a area where there is one race a year and then 2 are planned on the same weekend, it's never going to work.
Hopefully you can try again with another weekend with no clashes.

gravity

Likes Dirt
Firstly great idea, downhill under lights.
I think the problem with attendance is because its on the same weekend as Alburys race.
You probably should have changed weekends, this race has been on for years and is attended well, that takes a lot of your crowd away. We had to choose and we chose Albury.
In a area where there is one race a year and then 2 are planned on the same weekend, it's never going to work.
Hopefully you can try again with another weekend with no clashes.
thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it. My original date was the weekend before (Sat Sep 29) but I changed that date so as to not clash with another DH race proposed in the region. It turns out that this other event date got moved anyway just recently. I thought having a race on the Saturday prior to the 'Day on the Can' would not deter riders as they could do both races on the w/e. The other factor I have to take into account is the start of daylight savings (this Sat night). With the night racing component the Flow DH race needs to be before Daylight Savings begins. Lots of things to take into account. I don't want to clash with a local event and hopefully the Flow DH and Flow XCD events go ahead in 2013. Is the entry fee reasonably priced ? Adding the night racing component adds extra costs to the event but that's what makes it unique. Food for thought....thanks. Good luck at the 'Day on the Can' this w/e...cheers, Paul

abc1234

Squid
Prices, the idea, the planning, everything looked good.
The only issue was the date, with us we didn't want to travel 2 hours Saturday, then the same on Sunday.
Looking forward to a event in 2013, hopefully when daylight savings finishes, before winter.

bonss

Likes Bikes
Prices were good, and it was a great idea.
Shame the race was cancelled and the ride day was rained out!
Did a few runs up there yesterday, the weather was awesome and we couldn't believe the track condition after all that rain.. It was awesome!
We would def be in if you go ahead with a race there.