Flow Rollercoaster by Rocky Trail - NSW ALL Mountain State Series + Championships

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Would I die trying to ride this event on a Banshee Wildcard? 6 inches travel front and back with 2.7 minion on the front and 2.5 minion on the rear?

Good that this was post phoned, the rain here would have been terrible.
Not at all, could be a bit of a push in the little pedally section, however you should fly through the top section with no drama. I ride a 5 inch travel Fuel and my young bloke is racing on a 24" hard tail... no Mr Butler he hasn't got a new ride yet.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Would I die trying to ride this event on a Banshee Wildcard? 6 inches travel front and back with 2.7 minion on the front and 2.5 minion on the rear?

Good that this was post phoned, the rain here would have been terrible.
Yeh I would agree with Clarky here, most of the track is downhill you shouldn't have a problem. The pedally bit will suck but thats all mountain for you. Drop down to skinnier tyres with that amount of travel you should be able to run 2.1's with high preasure, you'll be surpised with the difference. Young Lochy flys down that hill on his 24" that weighs more than my Yeti 303 and he is only 10 or 11, so you should have no excuse. But then again it's not all about winning, it's mainly how much you can bag out Risso isn't it.

Gravityfreak

Likes Dirt
Yeh I would agree with Clarky here, most of the track is downhill you shouldn't have a problem. The pedally bit will suck but thats all mountain for you. Drop down to skinnier tyres with that amount of travel you should be able to run 2.1's with high preasure, you'll be surpised with the difference. Young Lochy flys down that hill on his 24" that weighs more than my Yeti 303 and he is only 10 or 11, so you should have no excuse. But then again it's not all about winning, it's mainly how much you can bag out Risso isn't it.
We shouldn't bag Rizzo - he's very sensitive about his sexuality.

Wollongong rider

Anybody heading up from Wollongong? I'm keen to camp up there Sat night. Ride the new Hornsby trail then head up and camp out at the at Ourimbah. Wake up there fresh and ready to shuttle!!! Any takers.

ride_29er

Likes Dirt
just keep an eye out for my van, we can all meet there at some point in the morning, speaking of which, what time are people gonna aim to be there?
Will do. Ill be driving up from Marulan that morning so I wont be there any time before 9:30ish

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Weather update for this weekend's Rollercoaster: another storm not nearly as big as last week's is supposed to come through Friday evening and Saturday morning. Sunday is supposed to be nice and dry. So at this stage it's ON!

Jezza K

Likes Dirt
Weather update for this weekend's Rollercoaster: another storm not nearly as big as last week's is supposed to come through Friday evening and Saturday morning. Sunday is supposed to be nice and dry. So at this stage it's ON!
Is there going to be any trail work on Saturday? I'm was going to make the drive up from Sydney for practice but will leave it if the track is closed.

Can't wait for the race!

Camby88

Likes Dirt
^ Yeah i'm there with a few but come say Hi to a pretender (me!) on a red stumpy

STOP RAINING ALREADY

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Riding the stumpy and not your DH bike canny?
Yeah replaced most of the bearings on the Stumpy and put on some 2.25's not the crossmarks.... half thought about using the DH bike as put a new BOS damper in, but think the stumpy would be faster, but less fun... But im there to have fun..... !

If you want, we'll prob be up there ~5pm today (sat) for a practice, omv seems closed anyway.

if not cya on sunday morn!