Floyd Landis tests positive

tu plang

knob
squidlips said:
Brilliant call - have you ever considered another occupation? You just made my day.
at this stage i'm still enjoying the highs and lows or being a full-time forum whore.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a bit off topic but does anyone know if Armstrong is even going to consider coming back to competive cycling? Whether its tour standard or just more local rides like the Ride of the Roses but Ive been getting an idea that from The Paceline (his website) That he is considering a return to cycling. Just not as big as he was.... can anyone clarify? or even speculate :p

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Mkay, Landis was apparently on thyroid hormone for a thyroid problem. The deal with this is that its known to cause the release of some testosterone from being bound to proteins, and it moves into the bloodstream. This is why his overall level was low/normal but the ratio of his free:bound testosterone was abnormally high. Now all he has to do was tell the judge exactly what I just said, whether true or not, and he will most likely get off.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TonyG said:
I agree with banning for life, no second chance with drugs. If sports bodies want to be serious about stamping these cheats out we need to take a hard line on this.

yeah mee too... a 2 yar ban can just be more inititive to dope and train for 2 years straight...

on another note, i read in amb that rooting also makes you produce more testostorone, soo...:p

tonas

Likes Dirt
Grover said:
As for Floyd, I'm leaning toward some physiological abnomilie for the spike in testosterone. A good little menonite boy wouldn't be cheating would he?
I disagree. He has had to break every principle of his rigid up bringing just to be where he is now in the sport of professional cycling, so I can't see why he would refuse a little pharmaceutical assistance.

Andy.

Last edited:

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
sockman said:
yeah mee too... a 2 yar ban can just be more inititive to dope and train for 2 years straight...

on another note, i read in amb that rooting also makes you produce more testostorone, soo...:p
Well he was in France....

naz

Criminally Inane
imo,

the money there on, there teams there in, they probably have a group of nerds developing a drug one step ahead of screening, i mean come on i still stand by my comment:

The question really is, who is stupid enough to not be on drugs.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Yeah but it's the thyroid hormone he's taking thats tipped the balance out. He was also having steroid injections for his hip. He'll get off if he gets an endocrinologist to represent him in court.

jonot

Likes Dirt
toodles said:
What a farce. Road cycling isn't a sport - it's a chemistry competition.
Chemistry between the riders? :confused: :rolleyes: :p

I heartily endorse gay love. If both chicks are hot.

bazza

look at me
sorry i stopped reading a bit through the posts but this is the most frustrating thing of all.

why the (yes im going to use language because it deserves it) FUCK has floyd landis been put in this position of being pretty much charged guilty with drug cheating even though they havent conducted all the tests yet. how fucken pissed of would you be if you were landis after just winning the TDF and this happens, as well as his team who i am sure put a large amount of $$$'s behind him. absolute crap. and by the time the other results come through and he is proved guilty it will be far from back to the news paper or 2nd or 3rd page story or if it will even make the 6 o'clock news at all. yer thats my steam blown off about this situation.

ozelise

Likes Dirt
Well it looks like Goodbye Floyd. Exogenous testosterone has been detected using Isotope Mass Spectrometry.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
The fact that Pereiro got away on stage 13 and was allowed with a bunch of other riders to get a 29 minute break, because "none of them were serious contenders" and then go on and win the tour shows you how open it was this year. A great race to watch, despite the recent soap opera.

JohnJohn

mtb-oz
toodles said:
What a farce. Road cycling isn't a sport - it's a chemistry competition.
All pro sport is now a contest between the chemists and the athletes' handlers to make sure they don't get caught.