Fly front or rear rim

rider248

Likes Bikes
hey just confused whether to get the fly front or rear rim.will be used on the front wheel. im not a very smooth rider though. The front one is alot lighter but will it still be strong enough? any thoughts? thanks

matty hall

Likes Dirt
Yeah dude just get the front one. There isnt that much pressure put on the front rim unless you are constantly nose caseing.

And correct me if im wrong but the FLY front rim (lighter/weaker one) is the same strength as most rims such as hazard lites and demo

Are front rims built on the prospect that they don't undergo as harsh a treatment as rear rims or the aspect that they are open to different stresses to rear rims?

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Are front rims built on the prospect that they don't undergo as harsh a treatment as rear rims or the aspect that they are open to different stresses to rear rims?
Not as harsh treatment.
I wouldn't run a 'weaker' rim on the front. Scorpion face plants aren't fun

scaifey

Squid
the flys are a quality rim
but if you are unsure just
go for the stronger one so
you dont regret it later

and they come in nice colours

Proper rims on danscomp seem to be pretty cheap, I've heard some good about them. They come many colours. I would suggest somthing stronger than fly if your not a smooth king.

lobstar

Likes Dirt
fly rims are fucking awesome! ive been running mine for near a year now, they were built well and have lasted, to the extent that im only getting my first service done on them now.
My friend is running the front rim, and it is by no means weak it is very strong and will take the abuse of many people. it is meerly lighter due to more holes on the top layer. Dylan smith and many other fly riders have been using the front rim on the back and they have lasted amazingly from what i hear.
id suggest getting the front, it will be lighter and ultimatley help the feel of the bike

fair_enough69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All rims are terrible when you do 360s down huge sets. Didnt you 3 off a roof?
thats besides the point, i totally destroyed a fly rear rim after 3 weeks, spilt the weld and the rim ovaled.
I finally got rid of my frint rim last week, was also ovaled but still runable.
Imo get a Gsport or a Hazard light.

WamBamSam

Likes Dirt
fly rims r lyk sex on a bike who wouldnt want one
diff get one mate there light super strong because they hav 3mm thick walls there a double wall and they are crosse laced but there not cheap!

nick_bmx_pd72

Likes Dirt
my good mate runs one in the front ( the rear rim cos the front ones werent out when he got it) and its held up fine and hes a pretty sick rider (double whips, flairs etc..