Fly Ruben PC

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anyone confirm the fly ruben pc pedals spin on sealed bearings? I was told this today, and couldn't believe it. I might finally swap over to plastics if it's true.

joeeee

Likes Dirt
id think so because they say its the plastic version of the rubens and i think rubens were sealed

bike-roy

Likes Dirt
No they are not, they run the same style bearings as other pc pedals, i dont think there is a PC pedal out that has sealed bearings. It would push the price up more, eliminating the basic idea of pc's being reasonably cheap to buy.

steve r

Likes Dirt
they dont have sealed ones i dont think but they spin very well and are very grippy, they feel almost the same if not grippier than metal rubens when they are new.

Spitfire84

Likes Dirt
Why would you want sealed PCs? The bearings would looong outlast the pedal itself, letalone be twice as expensive

sambula

Likes Dirt
Why would you want sealed PCs? The bearings would looong outlast the pedal itself, letalone be twice as expensive
This is a very good point. The whole reason you buy a plastic pedal is because it is cheap and relatively disposable, by putting a sealed bearing inside it you pretty much destroy the idea.

Arete

Likes Dirt
I am currently running Fly Reuben PC's. They do not have sealed bearings. They are, however a reasonably nice pedal.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just want some light pedals, with sealed bearings, that won't brake the bank. I know it's asking a lot, but design and manufacturing wouldn't change much. The price shouldn't either, the bearings are tiny. So far there are none. I have been running some BiLT Flatty2's for some time, and will probably continue to until such a pedal is available.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
I just want some light pedals, with sealed bearings, that won't brake the bank. I know it's asking a lot, but design and manufacturing wouldn't change much. The price shouldn't either, the bearings are tiny. So far there are none. I have been running some BiLT Flatty2's for some time, and will probably continue to until such a pedal is available.
Would you really notice the difference with a sealed bearing pedal though?
I've never had any issues unsealed pedals, but I'm not out riding in the mud everyday so that could be part of the reason.

steve r

Likes Dirt
bearings wouldnt work with them anyway and the jcpcs get some mad wobble after riding them for a few months

Brozracing192

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Realisticly, there is no need for a plastic pedal with sealed bearings, as the bearings would have much better longevity than the pedal itself, so, the odd's of such a pedal ever being made are so slim that i'd stock up on whatever pedal it is that you're running at the moment.