Flying Colours

demo man

Used to be cool.
Just got Bliss N Eso's album 'Flying Colours' - absolutely loving it.

After three runs through I'm enjoying every track, lots. A very worthwhile purchase.

Anyone seen them recently? I reckon 'Bullet and a Target' would be amazing live.

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bought it a few weeks ago, really impressed. m y only complaint is that because of the way the tracks are listed itunes breaks it into about 5 different sections on the ipod :(

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im with Tomas. But I did only listen to a couple of the songs. I'll give it another go.

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Just got Bliss N Eso's album 'Flying Colours' - absolutely loving it.

After three runs through I'm enjoying every track, lots. A very worthwhile purchase.

Anyone seen them recently? I reckon 'Bullet and a Target' would be amazing live.
Haha, Sam you're only a few months late! But at least you got there eventually. By far one of the best albums ever produced by Australian Hip-Hop.

Many many people are saying its a bit of a landmark album, and it certainly impressed a big crowd.

Personal favourites would have to be "Happy in my Hoody" and "The sea is Rising." Zion Bash is also quite sick.

The Maxinator

Likes Dirt
Some of their old stuff was great.

Tracks like "party at my place" "blazin" I loved.

The new album though, disappointed me a little.
The only track I can say I like was Zion bash, all of the other didn't do it for me.

I think that, its another one of those bands that "used to be good" this is just my opinion though.

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
They just started there tour as well. Be sure to check em out. Will be seeing them in Townsville in October and can not wait.

"Field of Dreams" and "The Sea is Rising" are my favourite tracks.

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
don't like it,
theres so much more talent out there, it's just hidden! ;)
pretty much love horrorshow at the moment, bit different to anything i've heard yet but i love it!

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
don't like it,
pretty much love horrorshow at the moment, bit different to anything i've heard yet but i love it!
horrorshow is ok, but it just doesn't seem to have the depth of Bliss n Eso. The best thing to me about flying colours was the diversity. It really moved along like a journey as you went through each track, and all with a really unique sound and feel. One of the only albums I've ever heard that has managed to accomplish that.

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
horrorshow is ok, but it just doesn't seem to have the depth of Bliss n Eso. The best thing to me about flying colours was the diversity. It really moved along like a journey as you went through each track, and all with a really unique sound and feel. One of the only albums I've ever heard that has managed to accomplish that.
hmm i can't really say much on that as I've never listened completely to the album,
due to the fact that I've never liked bliss n' Eso due to their sounding to much like American hip hop.
well their old albums do and that put me off, as Australian hip hop has a completely different feel to it.

i don't want to turn this into anything more than my personal opinion so i'll leave it there ;)

patto_15

Wheel size expert
They're playing in Ballarat tonight, so cut i'm not going..

Love their new album though, definitely worthy of winning the J award..

kyleman

Likes Dirt
ill have to venture out and get it! sounds the goods
I can still listen to Day of the Dog hundreds of times over without it getting old.
favourites?
This is for you
Watchdog Water Dragons
The Anthem
i love these guys!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
don't like it,
Oath. Not going to stir the pot too much here but I will say this. I don't mind B&E but they certainly aren't my favourite. They aren't exactly 'Aussie hip-hop' either, more just producers of hip-pop that happen to be Australian (well, half?).

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not a massive fan of flying colours. Much prefer Day of the dog, but both have some great tracks.

shred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i liked flying colours except a few on their. but they do have alot of good song!