Foam for foam pit

OLD_GREGG

Likes Bikes
Hey i was wondering were do you get foam for a foam pit as i am thinking of building one.

Cheers
OLD_GREGG.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well me and my mates are in the process of building one and you can either go and get offcuts from Clark rubber or what we do is when council clean up comes around I go and find a whole heap of foam, really surprising how much you can get from it!!!

Sam_rides.

Likes Dirt
Hi
we actually called up bed makers but they wouldn't give us any. But when u say council do u mean big industrial bins and stuff. Clark rubber is also a good idea.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah the council cleanups are a great idea, i was riding around last time and was thinking about making one when i saw just how much foam people had thrown out

mtb_coop

Likes Bikes
Over the last school holidays, me and a mate built one and used the foam from hard rubbish caollections. In one afternoon we had heaps of foam.

Shady_1

Likes Bikes
^^^ Thats what i tried to ask.
You could go around and cut the foam out of couches and that of what pple r throwing out on those council clean ups.

I spose you could also go and ask big companies that may have foam from packaging their big shit.

They only ideas so sorry if im no help
cheers

bransly

Likes Dirt
you can buy big 100kg bailes of off-cuts from some shops, i bought 3 of them a while back. i still have them in my backyard un used though.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you can buy big 100kg bailes of off-cuts from some shops, i bought 3 of them a while back. i still have them in my backyard un used though.
where do you get it from and are you going to use them bags:rolleyes:
how much are the bags???

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
Council clean ups sound like an awesome idea but if you're in a hurry and are willing to spend some cash clark rubber is a good way i heard

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what do you mean by the hard rubbish collections?
well I dont know if you have it where you live but down here once a year you put all of your e.g.old lounges, televisions and stuff like that from your house that you dont want on your front lawn and council workers come and collect it. You will be surprised how much foam you can get from it.(also called annual household clean-up.)

|-Mark-|

Likes Dirt
get old mattresses at the bottom. then go to your local rubber and foam place and ask if they have any off cuts they dont need.