Foam Free

HYOSHIMO

Straight up emo gangsta
To the point, i was doing some research about foam pits and there seems to be a bit of a stigma about them - the whole hardcore "foam free" kinda attitude. I havent encountered it in aus to such an extent but am wondering what everyones thoughts are on it...

I support foam free for smaller tricks like barspins, suicides because ithink it takes the risk out of the sport and effectively reduces the "danger" of the sport that makes it unique....

Has anyone else encountered this stigma or support the "foam free" mentallity?

matt99

Likes Dirt
I think that some people get to reliant doing things into a foam pit/water, and when it comes to the dirt they back out.

dylma

Likes Dirt
i know a guy with a foam pit at his farm. he uses it to gain confidence on tricks, and then eventually converts them to dirt. pretty sick way to do it, but i reckon its more repsect if you learn the trick by taking risks.

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and you also have to consider that a majority of the people do not hvae foam pits...And if the danger it taken out of it...what about tramp bikes...jumping into lakes...practicing downhill domination...or even just attempting the trick out of a quater onto flat???

bazza

look at me
what about who gives a crap??? it still takes skill to do some of those trick even into a foam pit, decently anyway.