Foam Pit Foam.

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
has any one had the idea of using those colorfull balls little kids play in at play centres if it was 7ft deep it mite work. dont know about the money side of it thow.

me and my mates were building a foam pit at a mates house and we went around and got bed mattres's and cut the foam off lounges that were out the front of peoples houses(council pick up day) then we had it more then it half full then the landlord came ova and made us pull it down:( but it was still fun jumping off his roof into it
one of my other friends did the staunch and his is sweet

dj_it_up

Likes Bikes
just out of intrest i was wounder how you plan to pretect your foam pit from the elements. Coz mouldy foam would be no fun at all.

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
go to a junk store. like revolve or aussie junk. they always have stacks of foam matresses that you could get at a great price. Or if your mum or the owner of the house is out just grap the couch cussions

kiwi

Likes Dirt
foam pits suck, they make you lazy,
we have been taking our kicker to a bark pile which we build into a landing then you at least have to get close to landing the trick but can still ride out

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kiwi said:
foam pits suck, they make you lazy,
we have been taking our kicker to a bark pile which we build into a landing then you at least have to get close to landing the trick but can still ride out

Ummmm yeah, great fun until somebody noses a little too much consequently embedding the front end in the bark pile, sending the pilot's face into hard ground........

fieldy

Likes Dirt
some actual help!!!!

i got the foam for mine from a place in west gosford called 'FLEXIBLE FOAM AND RUBBER PRODUCTS' its about $60 for a bag of 90kg's and we got 2 bags and the pit was pretty much full. 3 bags would be better though so well probably get more. scab some matresses from around the street for a layer on the bottom so you dont hit the ground aswell.;)

josh_lives_here

Likes Dirt
use old spring matresses and car tyre tubes with carboard over the top of them for the bottom layers just to save money on the amount of foam you have to get for it.

Legally Red

Likes Dirt
dirt rider said:
steal the foam out of another persons foam pit

well obviously no one around the epping, cheltenham, beecroft and pennant hills area has a foam pit. otherwise he probably wouldnt build one because he could use that one!

Speedy

Likes Dirt
Saw the best foam pit the other day, it was on TV, a gymnastics one but still its was the bomb. Deeeeeeep like 8-9ftish and was filled to the brim with hundreds of 1x1x1ft cubes of foam, when people tripple flippy shited into it they landed softly and it slowed them perfectly didn't let them get so the bottom but still slowed gradualy and then when diving into it they slowed over a long distance yet never go to the end.

Speedy

Likes Dirt
Well it looked so damn good that I would have the confidence to try 360 flips or anything crazy it was sooo nice looking:)

So other people do you just chuck in you matress foam whole or what?

HYOSHIMO

Straight up emo gangsta
hey where is this west gosford place? you sure its $60 for 90 kilos- not $600 or is your foamy for midgets? :p Just seems too good of deal kinda thing... any info would be appreciated cheers.

Update on mine - i got a mate who works for some form of auto interior manufacturer or something and has got me about the equivalent of 5 cubic metres of foam cubes- all for free too. So i will be buying him a round of bundy's and probably going to spoon with him - for all you who havent seen the size of the bags at clarks -theyre roughly a quarter of a cubic metre and cost $25..... So he just saved me a shizen load....

skitso

Likes Bikes
foam

no man go to mitre ten or bunnings and ask for there ofcuts trust me youll can get shitloads if ur a good negotiator

jab

Likes Bikes
thanks everyone, i now have foam pit fever

off to get the shovel!

ps. why dont you cut up the matresses instead of bouncing off whole ones?

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jab said:
thanks everyone, i now have foam pit fever

off to get the shovel!

ps. why dont you cut up the matresses instead of bouncing off whole ones?
How do you build a foam pit with a shovel?

Anyway chris...lets steal the high jump mats from the local schools...and when they get new ones steal them again...and so on so we can refresh the foam on a regular basis...after all we pay for them through tax!