For me Dad. Canfield Nimble 9. Steel is Real ;-)

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Frame - Canfield Nimble 9 Medium.
Rear shock - Steel.
Front shock/fork - RockShox cheapy.
Handlebars - Diety Black Label cut to 740mm Reverse Components once desired rise is nutted out.
Stem - Reverse Components.
Headset - King.
Grips - Some Foamies V
Saddle - Something of a wrecked for bits Focus. Brooks maybe.
Seatpost - Reverse Components
Front brake -Formula The One, Avid 170mm rotor.
Rear brake - As above, Shimanno XT rotor.
Cranks - Off the Focus Super Bud. Frame in the for sale section ;-)
Chainguide - SS with Narrow Wide Works ring.
Chain - KNC Hollow pin
Pedals - Nuke Proof Red or Gold Kowas, might be too much gold, maybe Red?
Front derailleur - SS
Rear derailleur - Alfine 8 speed Black Alfine when I swap bikes with Dad.
Front shifter - N/A
Rear shifter - Zerode modified Sram for the Alfine.
Cassette - 18t single
Front hub - Giant home brand.
Rear hub - Alfine 8
Front rim - Geantee
Rear rim - Stans Flow EX
Spokes - Giant/DT.
Nipples - Giant/ Titec Titanium.
Tyres - Maxxis for testing Swalble 2" road tyres.
Tubes - Less Will add tubes with road tyres for reliability for Pa.
Total weight - Curious myself, will get it weighed soon.
IMG_4813.jpgIMG_4811.jpgIMG_4814.jpgIMG_4816.jpgIMG_4818.jpgIMG_4819.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Certainly looks the goods.

What does the weight of that rear hub do to what is a pretty light bike overall? Does it make it a little bum-end heavy when trying to hop and throw the arse out or is it barely noticeable once you're on the move?

What does the weight of that rear hub do to what is a pretty light bike overall? Does it make it a little bum-end heavy when trying to hop and throw the arse out or is it barely noticeable once you're on the move?
I am curious about this too. Also what does the rear hub weigh on its own?

Id imagine it would make the rear end feel more planted and stable but comprise flick ability ??

One of the nices bikes I've seen this week, well done

No Skid Marks

I am curious about this too. Also what does the rear hub weigh on its own?

Id imagine it would make the rear end feel more planted and stable but comprise flick ability ??

One of the nices bikes I've seen this week, well done
I myself don't notice it and sorta like it. I'm used to riding heavier bikes. They definitely weigh more than standard hub, but it's not that big a deal IMO. I might be building a heavier still Nuvinci hub for it. and keep the Alfine for my Canfield Nimble 9 I'm building for myself. My 77 year old Dad won't be throwing it about too much. He's just broken three ribs crashing his old crapper 29er I'd built him, and broke his collar bone on it 6 months ago too. So this will hopefully be more manageable for him.

No Skid Marks

13kg on the dot.
Well 50grams over, but I'm yet to cut steerer and remove spacer, and most parts I plan on swapping are lighter, so just under 13kg eventually, doubt it'll be under 12.5kg though. They're Flow EXs and an Alfine, DH bars etc.
Pretty happy really. I know the XC guys might scoff at the weight, but for a durable bike I'm pretty happy. Not sure if Pikes would save weight. I have an I-Beam seat and post that'd nock some weight off. But on a hardtail, they're a touch stiff, even on a steely with bent seat stays. Will give it a try though.
Also have some lighter XO cranks and Canfield cranks, but I think they'll go on my one, as 13kg is light enough for Dads beach cruising antics.