For the Photographers

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"and we have now entered the relm of the terapixel"

The guys a huge wanker, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Wooly

Likes Dirt
i dont think these guys would go to such lengths too piss everyone off that much.

my lecturer has seen results, but they're still in the early stages of development, pretty much pioneering photography again with the new type of film.

fairy1

Banned
Why would it be?
Because I can't fathom how the hell it works, how can a film be extremely direction sensitive to light yet you can wave it around in the sun which is coming from every angle and it does nothing.

Too much for my brain.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A lot of the people in the youtube comments with there knowledge-of-all-things, make it seem impossible for this to be real. This also sort of pisses me off, it's the human race not satisfied with what we have and having to push the boundries to stupid shit like this, plus the camera is ugly as fuck.

/rant

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats what they said about every other mechanical and technological advance.
I know that, and understand that my post was contradictory, but it was simply sarcasm man, this technological movement we live in can suck it really, I'd be a caveman anyday :D

alexx23

Likes Dirt
This sounds too good to be true, and if it is true , fukk it, id prefer a 5dMKII any day.

oh, and that bullet proof comment.. wow.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Looks like a massive hoax to me! If it can only be exposed from a certain direction, then the piece of paper needs to be 100% flat. The use of ambient light? What a load of bullshit, it is the light bouncing off the surface onto the paper which makes the image. How the ambient light would "amplify" directional light onto a surface from perpendicular "polarised" pieces of glass I don't know. I'm no physicist but it seems like a bunch of shit.

Hoax.

Last edited:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Looks like a massive hoax to me! If it can only be exposed from a certain direction, then the piece of paper needs to be 100% flat. The use of ambient light? What a load of bullshit, it is the light bouncing off the service onto the paper which makes the image, how the ambient light through the "polarised" glass would not "amplify" the light bouncing off the source of the subject.

Hoax.
Well, I was more angling for the fact that the field testing applications close on April 1, but that sounds plausible as well.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to be an analog camera. I mean the image goes straight to film. How does it have pixels at all? How do you win the pixel race without pixels?

Edit: Also, how the hell does it only respond to light from one direction? the light from the pinhole goes like this: <

Unless of course they modify the chemical at each tiny little interval to take light from a different direction. THATS plausable

And like Gluey_Trails I also don't think you are able to amplify light from a pin point by throwing polarised light from a different direction at it. Particles or waves, neither seems to support that idea. I don't know a lot about light, but that doesn't seem correct either. Nor does it seem simple, or logical. Surely there would be easier ways to get the results you are after?

Last edited: