fork problem

super t

Likes Bikes
i've got manitou stance forks on my dh bike . i've already had the lowers replaced under warrenty after my first ride and now, a couple of months later, the seals are leaking from the top and bottom and it will cost $120 to fix em, but i think they'll just keep leaking and i'll have to pay this fairly regualy. should i persist or simply buy new and better forks?

Last edited:

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Um id say By new forks :)...you get heaps of good deals on here..check out the forsale /forks section..its good :)

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you can afford them, I would be saving up for new forks.

Stance really aren't designed for downhill.

GRIM

Likes Dirt
check out either second hand or 2006 model bike shops are trying to get rid of. I have heard stance have some 'seal' issues.

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
I believe that Manitou will warranty their seals for 1-year; you shouldn't have to pay for the re-build. If you're in a position to buy a new/used fork, you would probably be a lot happier in the end. On the other hand, forks aren't cheap...

Boxxers, Boxxers, Boxxers! Save ya pennies and see if you can get a warranty replacement on the seals in the meantime to tide you over. If you look hard enough you'll find very cheap, brand new Boxxers out there for around the $600 ball park. Good luck with it.

mitch_giantac

Likes Dirt
sell them on ebay, i sold mine on there and i got $270 which is farkin good for those peices of SH#T, sell them and if you dont have that much cash buy an older style pair of boxxers

just my two cents