Fork Upgrade.

Dan76

Likes Dirt
I am looking to upgrade the forks on my Planet X Compo XC bike from Marzocchi MX Pro ETA's with 100mm travel to a set of 09 Fox F120's with remote lockout. Will the extra 20mm of travel on the Fox forks effect the handling of my bike. I'll use the lockout for climbing and I was hoping the extra travel would help with my downhill sections. My bike runs a quite slack top tube. Also does anyone know if the remote lockout on the Fox's can be used on the fly or does it have to be enabled while the bike is stationary and the fork is uncompressed. Cheers.

Attachments

fairy1

Banned
Wow xc bike, they were an earlyish freeride hardtail not just a xc bike. Any fork under 540mm axle to crown height will be fine, they were designed to run up to a six inch fork. Is yours a 19.5" frame?

Edit: Just enlarged the pics, you have that thing set up full xc stylee. Do you find the headangle pretty slack already, because they are fairly relaxed angles to be just doing xc on, they aren't the lightest frame either.

Last edited:

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah not a problem at all using the lock out on the fly, to be honest would be a pain in #rse if you had to stop to use the lockout.

dgm_racing

Cannon Fodder
hey, im lookin for some new forks too, does any what size the shaft is of a specialized hardrock. would dirt jumper 2's be the go?!!?or is that to much...