forks for a dh hardtail

ben_6969

Likes Dirt
i would go for something with triple clamp but not 200mm travel to much for a hardtail in my opinion.

Last edited:

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
For DH, 66'ers or some 32's would be nice. I wouldn't go the tripple clamp option. You can void your warrenty, and break the frame easier. A bigger fork will throw your geo out by a fair bit too.

caddy

Likes Dirt
I run DC's on my Torrent, but then it was designed and shipped with them. I certainly wouldn't go putting DC forks on a frame that was not designed to have them though, especially with the range of long travel single crown forks available now days. Of course (as has been said) it would depend on your budget and purpose. Are you only going to ride DH?
If money isn't an issue for you (half your luck) then I think Totems look unreal :)

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
ok all the forks listed up are mad..but if you do want a triple clamp option keeping in mind the ofset geo...a pair of drop of triples are fine...they arent the best or largest fork but they should fit most hardtails fine....my norco manik has them so yeh

Bowlo

Eats Squid
Go singles!! Looks way madder. I run 150mm Travis singles and its perfect! I think you can get them in a 180mm version too

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Before going ahead and getting some big travel forx,make sure your frame ,if still covered by warranty will be covered for triple clamps or a fork over a certain amount of travel.If they are,then you have a wide choice.

I say for a ht,just stick to single crowns,just because you can be more free with your riding.I know for a fact that pikes go hard aswell as totems,travis,marzos' and of course fox 36's.You'll have such a hard choice with the range of forx available for hard riding.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah im getting domains for my manik. the adjustable travel makes it so much more versatile especially since i don't downhill that much and do more street and free ride stuff.

Little T

Likes Dirt
Go for the pikes. 140mm is definatly enough travel for HT downhill IMO and you can wind the down to 95mm for street or DJ.

6UL DV8

Likes Bikes
Five inches would be plenty but whatever gets your head angle to a lazy but not stupid slow steering.Depends also on sag. To much travel and sag will make the geometry to inconsistent.Good to see some other hardtail DHers about.