Forks gone hard...

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
G'day all,
I have some 2006 Boxxer Race forks on my bike and well as the title says, they have gone very stiff. It is set on the lowest compression setting and usually feels nice and plush, but now it has gone stiff, usually when pushed down on, it uses around 100-120mm travel and now it is only getting around 90-100mm travel usage while hands are on front brake pushing down. I dont know how it happened but I would like to know how I could posssibly free up the forks or maybe clean the seals. I usually wipe off any dirt/grit after every ride so I dont thing anything got inside the fork.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jarrad

Trapz

Likes Dirt
i agree with djrider... get a service they will check the fork completely and replace any oil/parts that need doing so.

A-line4lyf

Likes Bikes
How old are they?I suggest taking them to the bike shop and getting their advice but dont let them fix it.

I suggest sending them beck to the manufacturer because they know how the shocks work and they can pull them apart properly without voiding the warranty.

You never know with these proper shocks like Bomber,Boxxer and Fox (just naming a few) sending them to the bike shop might be a bad thing because they dont normally work with these and they probably wont know how to pull them apart.
They might void your warranty.