forks on a bullit

SGT. BILcO

Likes Dirt
I dont have a clue about what forks to put on a 02 model santa cruz bullit. Would it take 8 inches, 7 inches or would it be fine with whatever you put on it.
Thanks guys

gbar

Likes Bikes
seven or eight inches is fine,

I think they have a 7.5 rear end and were designed for free ride, they are great for downhill, tuff as anything out there. I had eight inches up front, massive clearance at the bb for plowing rockgardens but you probably lose a little through the corners, still a bunch of fun.

Put some 40s on there, should look the business too with the chunky tubes of the bullit.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I've had Boxxers on mine ... but now have Fox 36 Floats ... very noice. (6" front vs 7" rear) feels a little more balanced then with the Boxxers ... then again ... that could just be weight differences

Friend of a Friend is running Pikes ...

What are you using it for ??

Mine is currently serving as a light weight hucker & trail bike

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate has Boxxers on his Bullit of the same vintage, so 8 inches is OK.
yes, but if the boxxers are of the same vintage then they are 7" not 8.
8 inch forks would rake it out a little too much, imho. I'd go for 6 to 7 inch as that's what the bike was designed around.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Hmmm good point. Not too sure what year they are, but they are definitely not new. The bike feels good and not overly raked, so maybe they are 7".

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The frame was designed for a 7 inch travel fork . You can run 8 inch but the biggest problem will be that the bb will rise and it will effect the bikes handling / cornering . Running a 8 inch travel fork could also put a strain on the head tube . Id go 7 inch travel for , maybe some totems ore 36 ers .

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just one other thing . The 02 bullit has 6 inch travel rear . The 02.5 came out with the 7 inch on the rear .

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ah i miss my bullit.at home getting dusty :(

i got 66rc's on mine and its ok. i was thinking a tottem for mine. i got an 03 but yeah as said buy others,stick to 7inches

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had both 66's and boxxers on mine - I prefered the boxxers.

I do miss my bullit...

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would 04 Junior t's be ok?
The 03/04 super t pro`s are the ones you want for the bullit < 03`s if can get them> . The junior t`s are pretty average , too soft and sponge . You cant get them firm enough and they bottom out badly .