Formula Cura 4s

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I inherited a bike with formula brakes a few years back. Had a similar bleed hole but inside the clamp area. With for fluid it equaled muffed up paint in the bars. If they were awesome I would have forgiven them but they weren’t so in the bin they went. Swapped for Shimano back then from memory.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I have a set on my commencal, they are great! Order the sintered pads as mine shipped with resin that are not optimum. The lever blades aren't to my liking but i've just received a second pair of lever blades only to a) 3d model so i can print a few testers and get some new ones cnc'd and b) heat and bend to my liking for the interim. When chainging your pads be very careful of the little circlip on the pin, mine fucks off all over the place when I take it off and try to put it back on. Modulation is good, lever pull feel is very light, Im not a fan of the ergonomics.

All your spare parts can be got from alltricks.com a french site but holds stock of everything you could want at very good prices. Grab some spares now for piece of mind while you get your pads on order as well.
Thanks for the feedback. The lever is one thing I wasn’t sure about as it looks very flat with not much ‘hook’ in it at all to grab your finger on. Probably a good thing though as with such a short throw, you don’t really want to be resting too heavily on the lever. That’s what I heard anyway.

Will see what reality is like!

BT180

Max Pfaff
If anyone's interested, I checked these out in the flesh today. Wow, they're a work of art. The quality of finish is next level. Come with braided hoses and this sand-blasted matte finish on the levers.

I'm going straight OTB on these puppies. :p

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
How do you find the modulation? With such a short lever throw, are they tricky to master?
God no, quite the opposite.

Easier to modulate than the magura I run on the others, and they're brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The lever throw is quite short but that's just the start of the pad contact, consistent and easy. Pull harder and the power gets right to the point, easy to modulate but not hard try to throw yourself over the bars.