Formula fork air cap removal / socket size??

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Also, top tip. Don't remove the oil that sits ontop of the air piston when you put the neo-pos in, it needs it for slippery operation, not just as a volume reducer prior to them making Neo-Pos.
How have you been finding the neopos? Any issues with degradation of the foam, forming a paste in the oil?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Prolly awesome fork.
I love the old Oro Formula brakes never had to bleed have about 6 pairs, newer brakes are leaky rubbish..
Its great they make niche tools for all the "standards"
The postage on the spanner thing is a killer.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
So much hate that there's a "propriety" tool.
It's not uncommon.
I got a 28mm from a Repco that was the right socket shape and got it ground flat.
$15 and some elbow grease.

gippyz

Likes Dirt

If it's this edition of the Formula 35, there's actually a special tool for it that comes in the fork box stock.
If you're in and around Newcastle, you're welcome to borrow mine.

Also, top tip. Don't remove the oil that sits ontop of the air piston when you put the neo-pos in, it needs it for slippery operation, not just as a volume reducer prior to them making Neo-Pos.
Thanks for the offer, I’m in Sydney unfortunately. I’ve bought a cheap 28mm socket and will be rounding it off for the next few hours for it to fit.

Re: oil, thanks for letting me know, I was about to empty the piston out!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Thanks for the offer, I’m in Sydney unfortunately. I’ve bought a cheap 28mm socket and will be rounding it off for the next few hours for it to fit.

Re: oil, thanks for letting me know, I was about to empty the piston out!
They have good service videos on their YouTube channel.
I'm hopefully grabbing the drop in compression shim kit in the new year

link1896

Mr Greenfield
For a smoother finish, put the angle grinder in a vice or other holding mechanism, zip tie on the trigger and spin the socket with a drill.

1/2” square to 1/4” drill hex adapters are cheap

Don’t forget to clean the socket after butchering, you don’t want the fine steel powder in your forks positive chamber.