Formula Replacements

mcbeath94

Likes Bikes
Has anyone had to get any replacement parts for their Formula Brakes? I snapped the lever bolt on mine and it's proving nearly impossible to track one down. Tried the Aussie dealer, but he is proving hard to get in contact with. Any help would be great. :)

mcbeath94

Likes Bikes
Yeah, already tried CRC but they are out of stock.
Sorry guys should of specified the are Formula The One brakes. The 2009 model before they got re-designed

Cheers Bear, these guys look like the right ones.

Last edited:

markgorman

Likes Bikes
I have the same problem. Currently running 2009 Formula "The One" I have a complete spare set as spare parts are a nightmare. It is doing my head in! Most of the websites i have looked at are out of stock, such as CRC. I know twenty6 do lever blades. But apart fom that, i have had no dice. I am going to have a look at some US web sites and hopefully i get lucky. If i find something i will let you know

mcbeath94

Likes Bikes
Yeah cheers mate. I did find some on the second site that Bear recomended, but it said the estimated dispatch time was something like 100 days. Not my cup of tea. The other thing that is giving me the sh*ts is that it is only the bolt that has snapped, not the lever, but it looks like the only way im going to get it is by forking out 70 bucks for a new lever

relax

Likes Bikes
I just bought some Formula RX brakes from this guy on Ebay.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/nfcycling__W0QQ_armrsZ1

He is based in France, and delivery of my brakes took less than a week.

Send him an e-mail and see if he can help you out.

He has been GREAT to deal with. I lost the pivot bold for the lever first ride (must have been loose from the factory). Sent Nicholas an email yesterday morning explaining to him what had happened and he sent though a replacement that night free of charge. Needless to say I am very happy with the level of customer service.

Considering how strong the AUD is again the EURO at the moment, this would also be the cheapest option.

I got my RX brakes F & R including rotors and all mounting equiptment for ~$320 AUD.

CRC charges ~$177AUD for lever/hose/caliper ONLY.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just bought some Formula RX brakes from this guy on Ebay.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/nfcycling__W0QQ_armrsZ1

He is based in France, and delivery of my brakes took less than a week.

Send him an e-mail and see if he can help you out.

He has been GREAT to deal with. I lost the pivot bold for the lever first ride (must have been loose from the factory). Sent Nicholas an email yesterday morning explaining to him what had happened and he sent though a replacement that night free of charge. Needless to say I am very happy with the level of customer service.

Considering how strong the AUD is again the EURO at the moment, this would also be the cheapest option.

I got my RX brakes F & R including rotors and all mounting equiptment for ~$320 AUD.

CRC charges ~$177AUD for lever/hose/caliper ONLY.
i was thinking of getting some "the ones" for my dh bike. seen the rx ones on ebay too. what are they like? do able for dh?