forum search??

jawry

Likes Dirt
Maybe its just me, but when doing a forum search it does not seem to like anything less than 4 letters. For example - try doing a search for 'fox 40' in the for sale section. It comes up blank - even though there a number of those forks in the forum.

Minor issue, but annoying nonetheless.

Ok, ok, so i'm am old bugger - there is a groans from the savvy set saying....'just press xxxx'...

So, what do i press??

cheers,

iain

g3rg

Likes Bikes
Maybe its just me, but when doing a forum search it does not seem to like anything less than 4 letters. For example - try doing a search for 'fox 40' in the for sale section. It comes up blank - even though there a number of those forks in the forum.

Minor issue, but annoying nonetheless.

Ok, ok, so i'm am old bugger - there is a groans from the savvy set saying....'just press xxxx'...

So, what do i press??

cheers,

iain
I did notice that searching for "STP" came back with 0 results, just assumed search was broken and moved on, but looks like that would line up with your findings...

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure it doesn't work unless it's above 4-5 characters. Hence the reason why STP and fox 40 don't show up. It's not the total character count, it's what words are included. That's the dealio for other forums I use/moderate. It's to keep search results down

Easiest way to search for something is google

STP rotorburn

Or

Fox 40 Rotorburn

This will show up topics with short words in them :D

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've always found the search function on here pretty bad. If there's something I'm looking for on rotorburn I'll go to google and type this (eg for the stp);

stp site:rotorburn.com

Then it will only show hits on rotorburn.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Anything below 4 characters is ignored by the search index engine. As previously mentioned if you want super search functionality do a good search with the site:rotorburn.com :)