NSW FOUND 26" 100-120mm tapered DJ forks

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Item: 26" 100-120mm 1.5" tapered DJ forks
Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $500
Extra Info: Just starting to build up a DJ bike, only have the frame at this stage and will be hunting a heap of parts. Starting here with the fork.

Last edited:

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Manitou circus are under $500 on crc.
thanks for the heads-up.. they only have 130mm in tapered which is getting bit to much travel for the pivot point frame. I have no idea if length is user changable with the 130s?? will keep an eye out for restock.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
thanks for the heads-up.. they only have 130mm in tapered which is getting bit to much travel for the pivot point frame. I have no idea if length is user changable with the 130s?? will keep an eye out for restock.
Straight steerer wouldn't hurt that much...

Those frames are very sexy. A friend has one and is currently running 100mm circus on it. Prior he had a longer travel Marzocchi at and I'd agree with you, 130mm wouldn't be ideal. You would probably be able to make a spacer and drop the travel, it's just an air spring...but I'm just guessing.

You can generally lower Rockshox and fox air springs, or so ive been told by a few retailers when I've been shopping for specific length forks.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
yeah the frame looks awesome! Black with blue writing.. was an offer to good to refuse, I had no intention of building up a bike, they sucked me into it!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have that frame and a circus on it. With that fork it is best at 100mm and under imo, 130 was a joke. I tried a big spacer in the negative chamber but didnt like it, tried a shorter spring and failed, ended up with a TS air conversion for about $90 AUD in parts shipped from Dougal at shockcraft.