NSW FOUND: Help me with my 26 XC/marathon race build, please

lincolnsydney

Likes Dirt
Hi,

I've succumbed and am buying Norman's lovely Felt Edict LTD 26er. After a few years on 29er, I figured it was worth giving 26er a go for when I need some FS. Am I mad? Maybe... but I couldn't bare to see such a race rig not being raced! :)

Anyway, am needing a few bits to complete the build, so let me know what you have?

- GXP Crankset, 170mm 28/40 - preferably XX, but X0 would be OK, or similar - but not Shimano (can't mix the two, can you? :)
- XC race rims (I still have my Tunes that I can build back up) in 32h, or let me know what race wheels you have? Both need to be tubeless, or convertible to
- XX or X0 Shifters
- Cassette - 10s - 11-36 SRAM 1070 or similar
- Carbon bars - I've got a 580mm Syntace, but I reckon ~620 would be better. No rise, normal ~8 degree sweep
- Tyres - something TLR or UST - riding Scyllas predominantly on the 29er hardtail nowadays
- Saddles I'll probably source myself, unless someone has a Ergon SM3 Pro? Long shot, I know, but prefer to keep consistent with the other race bike
- QR Levers

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Lincoln

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
You can run shimano cranks/bb with sram drivetrain...I love gxp cranks, but prefer shimano drivetrain.
Got some truvativ gxp carbon noir cranks I'm about to pull off to go back to x9 removable spider.

lincolnsydney

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I know you can, but it clashes a bit. Love an xtr crank. Could switch it all to xtr and sell the xx fd and rd that's on there. I'm not a fan of the xx crankset. Your noir sounds like a good option. It's 2x and 170mm?