VIC Found L or XL commuter or frame and parts to build

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Item: Heading back to work in the office and need a commuter. Thinking a basic but functional build. Prefer XL but can get away with L on some brands (I’m 190cm)
Item Condition: Frame can be beat but would like a well running group set. I can fix up wheels/brakes etc if necessary
Price and price conditions: anywhere from a few hundred up to a ceiling of $600 depending on quality/condition
Extra Info: I’m looking for a full bike but am also happy to build something up if you have a frame/fork/wheels etc you want to get rid of

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Got a free frame for you, maybe some other bits too. Feel like building a bike?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hell yessss. Just heading home from a ride now. Will pm you this arvo.
Courtesy of @beeb - it's a large though

I'll have a look and see what bits I can spare. Definitely have some drop bars if you want to go full hipster?

...kids ride is on tomorrow if you want to bring the little one down again

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
If you don't want those super fancy wheels in the other thread, I've got a mis-matched set of QR wheels and a set of older straight steerer Judy's you can have for $70

yuley95

Courtesy of @beeb - it's a large though

I'll have a look and see what bits I can spare. Definitely have some drop bars if you want to go full hipster?

...kids ride is on tomorrow if you want to bring the little one down again

Looks good mate - I’ll make it work. Does it have a hanger on it? Is it a threaded bb?

forks might be the main challenge. I’ll try and get some rigid ones.

not sure we will make the kids ride mate. Need to head out that way in the arvo and 2 trips back and forth in a day doesn’t always go down well with the little people. Definitely have to do it again soon though

yuley95

If you don't want those super fancy wheels in the other thread, I've got a mis-matched set of QR wheels and a set of older straight steerer Judy's you can have for $70
I don’t need fancy so it it suits you better to grab the other wheels and do that deal for me- I’m happy.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hanger yep, threaded BB yep, had a 1 1/8 headset but pretty sure it's zs44 so might be able to get a tapered fork into it.

I'll be home in the Arvo if you're down this way. Otherwise it's not going anywhere quickly so I'm sure we'll work something out

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Sure thing. Where in Melbourne are you? I've got my sister visiting on Wed so I could get her to take it all back with her to Langwarrin.

yuley95

Sure thing. Where in Melbourne are you? I've got my sister visiting on Wed so I could get her to take it all back with her to Langwarrin.
I’m in Northcote. No mad rush. We can figure something out. I’ll pm you later re payment details etc

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Oi @Labcanary, get the vegan one to bring those lyriks down too please! SMS me your banking details again so I can transfer dollarydoos

...was that all we were trading this time?

yuley95

@Plankosaurus I’m heading to have a look at some bits at the Ceres bike shed to see if I can grab seat post stem and bars etc. Do you know if the seat tube is 30.9?