VIC FOUND Mechanical disc brake calipers (short pull, aka roadie compatible)

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Found, thanks

Item: Short pull mechanical disc brake calipers for roadie levers
Price range/Willing to Pay: Nobody likes mechanical disc brakes, you'll pay me to take them ;)
Whatever is fair, I don't want to spend a fortune on a hair-brained idea.
Extra Info: I've got some weird projects on the go and need four calipers... Avid BB7 seem to be the go-to for roadie mech disc setups but I'll take anything that will work. Mismatched is also fine.

Last edited:

Labcanary

Do you know if old shimano ones will work?
It depends on the actuator arm position. The road ones are closer to the housing stop to account for the relatively short pull of drop bar levers.
MTB levers pull more cable and so the actuator arm (and inner cable pinch bolt) is further from the housing stop. If that makes sense?
MTB:

Road:

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
I have some TRP Spyres that I bought off someone here. I too had a hair-brained idea, however it never came to fruition.
They can be yours if you want them. I also have suitably silly sized rotors to go with them. 140mm from memory.

Labcanary

I have some TRP Spyres that I bought off someone here. I too had a hair-brained idea, however it never came to fruition.
They can be yours if you want them. I also have suitably silly sized rotors to go with them. 140mm from memory.
PM incoming!

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Do you know if old shimano ones will work?
Shimano make several different cable road disc calipers in both post and flat mount - current range here: https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/technologies/component/details/disc-brake-road.html

I have a pair of old R317's from 2014 in the cupboard. (Though not old enough to be the recalled ones.) Seem decent but swapped them off a then-new CX bike for BB7Rs because we had 2 other bikes with BB7Rs and at least 3 MTBs with Juicys. So same pads all round.

I have a road bike can take rim or disc brakes. I've been undecided about whether to upgrade from current rim to cable disc (have calipers, rotors, wheels) or even go hydraulic disc (R7020 levers are coming off another bike here soon, but Shimano flat mount hydro calipers seen impossible to find at sane prices / trustworthy suppliers.)

TL;DR - have some road disc calipers, if the Spyres didn't happen, PM me.