Found. Please Delete. GT Fury (or other) 14t Idley Pulley + 12mm alloy thru-axle

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am looking for a few parts to refresh and customize my beloved Katipo DH bike.

Item: 14t Idler Pulley for HPP bike design
Condition: Good to great
Price: Less than $100
Reason: The old Idler on my bike is worn far beyond use. I have made my own 13t replacement, and it works well, but would now like to try 14 teeth for a bit more chain clearance above the seatstay.
Checking with Rotorburn before purchasing one from Europe!!

Item: 12mm aluminium thru-axle. Can be from road bike or mtb. Flat / button head end preferable. Alloy nut/washers if possible!!
Condition: Usable, but can accept something broken if It is still at least 100mm long.
Price: $20 - $30
Reason: Weight savings! Swapping out the stock main pivot axle which is a hollowed out (heavy) mild steel bolt
Checking with Rotorburn before purchasing one from Ebay/China!!

*Olld photo. Bike currently has Dorado Pro. Shivair is not for sale.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Or if it must be strong (some modification may be required...)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Or if it must be strong (some modification may be required...)
Now that's a fine looking jockey wheel :)
Ali be damned....

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mr Crudley, I wish i could use a cheap one like that, but the idler goes onto a 12mm pivot bolt, and those ones can't take bigger bearings.

Beeb, that one looks more like it! No circlip in the bearing bore is a detractor though. The bearing in this style does like to slip sideways without plenty of loctite holding it in place

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commencal have 15t ones for the supremes if you can squeeze it in

Last edited:

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Found. Well, purchased.

I ended up ordering the Kavenz 14t Idler pictured above with the green bearing cover, as it already has the same bearing as the one it is replacing.
Also ordered from Ebay a 12 x 122mm axle, a shiny Ti nut and an M12x1.75 die to extend the threads on the axle