VIC Found: Replacement frame for 2016 Intense Tracer

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
OK I didn't buy it. Yet. Too impulsive.
A good friend of mine just said this:
"I reckon you are just used to riding bikes too small for you. Every bike you've had since I've known you had looked tiny under you."
Given the Banshee site says L 5'11"-6'4" and XL >6'2", and I'm 6'3" - would it enhance my confidence descending switchbacks by staying on a bike with very similar geometry to my recently ex-bike?
Spitfire specs: https://www.bansheebikes.com/spitfire-v3
Tracer specs: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2426/4557/files/Tracer275_T275_FINAL_web.pdf?11101096083173296426
At this point you should just give geometron an email and buy what Chris Porter tells you too.

It’ll look sick atop the golf. Flick your budget the bird, it’s only money.

The large V3 is shorter than my XL V2. I’m also tall (6’4), don’t be a weenie, buy a bike that fits and give yourself a few rides to adjust.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Can't believe no one has suggested this...

emerthis

Likes Dirt

LOL yes I saw that. I don't believe 'mullet' means 180mm out back and 130 up front...

Ultra Lord

Not really a trail bike though is it.

Ultra Lord

Was he after 150? Tbh I saw spitfire come up as recommended, figured trail bike is what we was talking about. Reading the original post is overrated.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I'm 6'2" (188cm) and found the older version of a Large Spitty too small for me. You'll deffo want an XL

moorey

call me Mia
having stood beside both of you, i think neither is qualified (vertically, or horizontally for that matter) to be talking about such frame sizing
He was showing me how much out of my league a new large is. Ridden a mates older spitty (and also have one on the way), and can handle them. New medium is like 40mm linger than my medium.

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Have you compared the lengths? @Boom King showed me. It’s substantial.
The Spitfire would fit me just the way my Tracer did - the numbers are real close - but the issue here is that I could get a better fit by buying something one size up.

There's not often I feel uncomfortable on the Tracer, but on downhill switchbacks and in little dips I feel I'm almost going over the bars. Putting a bit more length in there surely couldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
The Spitfire would fit me just the way my Tracer did - the numbers are real close - but the issue here is that I could get a better fit by buying something one size up.

There's not often I feel uncomfortable on the Tracer, but on downhill switchbacks and in little dips I feel I'm almost going over the bars. Putting a bit more length in there surely couldn't hurt.

Send @the drizzle a strongly worded letter about sniping the last XL

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

While not as tall as yourself, I drift across the size barriers and have generally always ridden the smaller option. I like to huck! But I have also gone for the larger option on 3 bikes, 2 of which I have/had for pedalling. On both instances I found the for significantly better for longer rides with pedalling as a feature. All three of those bikes were still send capable and comfortable in the air. If you aren't shuttling on this thing upsize and live.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Have you compared the lengths? @Boom King showed me. It’s substantial.
It probably comes down to personal preference but I tend to size up on bikes. My current two are an XL Intense Primer (TT length: 672mm, ST length 475mm) and an XL Cotic Rocket (TT length: 680mm, ST length: 495mm). The new XL Spitty comes in at a TT length of 645mm and an ST length of 490mm). Stack numbers are pretty similar across all three bikes. If I was in the Spitty market I'd be choosing XL.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Send @the drizzle a strongly worded letter about sniping the last XL
I resemble this remark.

Hasn't even arrived yet. Will be a wait on dropouts too.

I was willing to pay the full price on this one, just wanting to sell some bits first to fund it. When the price dropped by 1k I pulled the trigger.

It's going to be a mulleted abomination.

Definitely go super enduro and get the knolly! .... Take this with a grain of salt, I'm a motivated seller....

Need to get the bank account in order after purchasing the spitty.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk