FOUND Rigid 26" suspension corrected fork with disc tabs

PJO

in me vL comy
Item: Rigid 26" suspension corrected (around 440mm A to C length) with disc tab
Price range/Willing to Pay: $40-50 plus delivery
Extra Info: Want to ditch the bloody heavy and useless fork on my sons bike, weights 2.3kg, does SFA. A CrMo fork would be ideal, even that should be roughly half the weight of what he has!
Can't justify a good suspension fork yet, but if he gets into riding a bit more, I'll go down that path...

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
These would've been ideal!

The forks from the bike in dyon's garage sale would've been ideal, but he wan't interested in splitting and posting, if anyone bought these and doesn't want 'em...

PJO

in me vL comy

mad greek

Likes Dirt
Hi there

I have some Planet X forks which are 26" and have disc mounts. They are suspension corrected too, however I took them off after 3 rides as they were bone jarring for me.

They are gloss black and are in good condition. May have some marks from being in a box over the last 8 years or so.

If you're interested let me know and I can take some photos for you tonight.

Cheers,
Theo

PJO

in me vL comy
Hi there

I have some Planet X forks which are 26" and have disc mounts. They are suspension corrected too, however I took them off after 3 rides as they were bone jarring for me.

They are gloss black and are in good condition. May have some marks from being in a box over the last 8 years or so.

If you're interested let me know and I can take some photos for you tonight.

Cheers,
Theo
Hi Theo,
def interested, can you please take some pics and measure the A to C.

Example measurement:
forkdim.gif
Cheers,
Pete

mad greek

Likes Dirt

mad greek

Likes Dirt
Hi Theo,
def interested, can you please take some pics and measure the A to C.

Example measurement:
View attachment 302723
Cheers,
Pete
Hi Pete,

A2C is 440mm. The steerer is 215mm long also.

The v-brake bosses are removable if need be also.

Despite the age of the forks I'd still be looking at $100 plus post for the forks as they're very rare and also a ridiculously strong fork.

I've attached some pics should that help at all.

Cheers,
Theo

PJO

in me vL comy
Hi Pete,

A2C is 440mm. The steerer is 215mm long also.

The v-brake bosses are removable if need be also.

Despite the age of the forks I'd still be looking at $100 plus post for the forks as they're very rare and also a ridiculously strong fork.
Thanks for the offer but $100 bucks is too high to justify, and I'm guessing that it weighs a bucket too.
Most cromoly forks are around the 1kg mark...
Cheers,
Pete

mad greek

Likes Dirt
Hey Pete - Sorry I didn't see your asking price, apologies for the stuff around. You're right, they may be a little overkill unless being ridden by a purist rigid rider!

Cheers,
Theo