TAS FOUND: Spoke tension meter

link1896

Mr Greenfield
What about the analog version. I know I’m not helping but it’s so much easier spending someone else’s money
“Packaged in a custom hard case with appropriate literature”.

A photocopy of chapter 13 from 50 shades of grey?

teK--

Eats Squid
Here is what a “typical” torsion spring curve looks like.

When using a spring for measurements, like torque wrenches, calibrate every time at the target torque. In this case for a spoke tension meter, if you want 110kgf, hang 110kg off your spoke and adjust the tool.

This method for calibration was drummed into me by a very well regarded drag car engine builder I used to assist, when doing head bolts, the torque wrench was placed into the vice at 90 degrees to the ground, a known mass was hung off the end at a measured distance, and adjusted till the mechanism clicked just at the right value.
thanks. basically what I was trying to explain to @SummitFever . I just note down in a chart the corresponding number on the meter, with the calibrated Kg reading. Bearing in mine due to various factors with an installed spoke, even the best tensiometers only claim a 10% practical accuracy due to variances outside of the meter's control.

teK--

Eats Squid
Is the OP (or anyone else) still looking to get a tension meter?

My Park Tool one is now up for sale.

I have just built a calibration rig as well, so if I have the type of spoke you are using, I could provide a conversion chart to suit that spoke.

Lucaw

Next in line
Is the OP (or anyone else) still looking to get a tension meter?

My Park Tool one is now up for sale.

I have just built a calibration rig as well, so if I have the type of spoke you are using, I could provide a conversion chart to suit that spoke.
Ended up buying a super b one, before deciding the fatigue marks on my rim where too prevalent

teK--

Eats Squid
I ended up building the calibration rig out of timber, as there are no welding skills here!

$80 in materials including the scale and a few hours of swearing in the garage because I only have hand saws.

Happy to share materials list if anyone wants to build one.

20230816_190142.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I ended up building the calibration rig out of timber, as there are no welding skills here!

$80 in materials including the scale and a few hours of swearing in the garage because I only have hand saws.

Happy to share materials list if anyone wants to build one.
Return express postage option ;)