Found - Tools

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Item: Various bicycle specific tools
Price range/Willing to Pay: Cheap, old, used, unwanted ~$50
Extra Info: I need spoke, cone, and pedal spanners, a Shimano bottom bracket open ended type spanner (wrench), square taper crank extractor, probably other bits too. Would be happy with a kit complete at the right price, or just old odds and ends you don't use any more.
Cheers.

Here's a pretty picture ....

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reckon ive got most of those tools in surplus. What size cone spanners? And are we talking the traditional internal bearing bb tool?

FigBo0T

Reckon ive got most of those tools in surplus. What size cone spanners? And are we talking the traditional internal bearing bb tool?
I don't know which sizes I need. The standard ones ... :p I'll have to work that out. I might just buy that kit linked above, and see how I go from there. Cheers for the offer.

I dont think I need the internal one, just for the modern external BB. (at this stage)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I got some T handle hex wrenches, cone spanners and a 1/2 drive external bb cup tool.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I also got a complete set of park spoke keys.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Who the hell sells tools? There are many useless and useful things I have that I would sell before I would sell my Sugino square taper crank removal tool. And even then your budget is insufficient!

I'd happily send you a cheap Chinese knockoff that might work or might not but postage costs being what they are you'd be better off saying fuck that...

FigBo0T

Who the hell sells tools? There are many useless and useful things I have that I would sell before I would sell my Sugino square taper crank removal tool. And even then your budget is insufficient!

I'd happily send you a cheap Chinese knockoff that might work or might not but postage costs being what they are you'd be better off saying fuck that...
Not me.
People upgrade. Was just thinking someone might have an old basic set they don't use any more.

FigBo0T

top up the cart so you don't get smashed on postage
Had already told myself '$50 on tools this month, and no more bike spending til next month'. Now I'll have to spend 45 bucks on bike stuff ...... damn :eek:..... good price that kit. I like clearance prices.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Heaps of those cheap tool kits on flea bay for that price, tools like spoke nipple spanners I only use the high quality tools because the cheaper stuff rounds the nipple off when you need to apply a bit torque to the spokes or they leave ugly marks behind on the nipple. Even the cheap cone nut spanners are hopeless when you come across some tight locking nuts

FigBo0T

A friend has this kit. It's not to bad. The hex keys suck and you'll needs few other bits and pieces to make a big workshop. Think it has all the bits to want
I'm good for Allens. Wouldn't expect them to anything but furniture grade in a kit like that. Use once each end, discard.