FOUND. Trail bike or frame (5" or there abouts)

moorey

call me Mia
Item: Trail bike that is light enough to use for the occasional XC race I do.
Item condition description: Good condition please. Doesn't need to be the latest and greatest, bot nothing too old please, unless its something like an old patriot
Price and price conditions: Up to $800 for right frame/shock, or $1700 for the right complete bike.
Extra Info:
No 29"
I dont want a trance or similarly common bikes (no offence, but I want to be excited by the thought of looking at and riding my bike)
Prefer medium, consider small if not too small or large if not too large.
I don't want an XC race bike (I want it to be capable of taking punishment from a 70kg rider without flex and worrying about it failing)
I don't want a big travel AM bike (happy enough with the one I'm riding)
9sp makes me happy, consider 10sp
Single ring floats my boat
Prefer 135 rear, 15/20mm front. I have no desire for a QR fork, but can sell it off if you insist it goes with the bike
Straight steerer tube cool, consider tapered.
Don't want a press fit BB
Not enthused about carbon.

If a frame only, must have a good shock that doesn't need a rebuild.
If a complete bike, chances are i won't like your part selection (again, no offece), so I'm happy to negotiate for you to keep some parts if you want them.

Yep, I'm fussy, and stuck in my old timey ways, but open to ideas. What you got? Thanks.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Tell Chopsticks to get real with his pricing. His frame is only worth $750. Its been involved in a number of well documented crashes.:decision:
Yeah, but he claims both Gillard and Obama have ridden it, justifying the higher price.
Anyway, Unless you're offering me your squeaky SB66 or clapped out ASR for a grand for the pair, get back to work and stop making my thread look untidy:smash:

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out my Scott dude.

Yeah yeah it's carbon. But the EQ shoxk locks out for the Xc bit. Has a 135x12 maxle rear. Will take tapered and straight steer tubes...

Have a few options extras too if your after them (dhx 5 air, reverb)

Judd

moorey

call me Mia
Gday Juddy, my man. Nice, but too much travel and over budget anyway. I have a 160mm bike for the fun stuff, but my trail bike is really just too small for me and getting tired.
The DHX air 5 is bonza, I'll confess, I run one on the AM bike and would buy yours as a spare if I could spare the cash...

drobbo

Likes Dirt
Hey mate i have a 2011 Banshee Spitfire in a medium if your interested. Has a fox rp23, frame and shock pretty much mint. PM me if your keen.
Cheers.

indica

Serial flasher
GT Force large ... or there is a Kona Dawg.
Both with QR forks. Don't care, can sell just the frames.
Force was built up at 13 ish kgs...

trailstar

Likes Dirt
I have a Chumba XCL for sale in the short travel frame section for $450. It might not tick the 'light for xc' box but it's a good trail frame.

Az

Likes Dirt
2011 Marin mt vision xm8?
Med 140MM
Fox float 32 fit
XT
Elixir crs
Black flag experts
excellent condition

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
2011 Marin mt vision xm8?
Med 140MM
Fox float 32 fit
XT
Elixir crs
Black flag experts
excellent condition
Elixirs mate! He'll just throw onions at you now.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
i know its a little bit more that you want to spend but the santa cruz nickel and butcher are both insanely fun bikes to ride (i had a butcher over the weekend for four days... now i need to get another spare bike)... tbh they are better to ride and more fun than the blur ltc (of which i have also used for a weekend) yet you can buy a new one at the moment for 1200 or less depending on your bargaining powers (new bike frame and warranty).

yes i want one and they are actually quite efficient peddlers (more so than the blur and their VPP) but maybe not quite as good as a pivot

that and sort of being a single pivot bike (not quite but pretty much), they are bullet proof and easy to maintain

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
only thing i can recommend though is get a frame size larger than you usually would... they seem to run a size smaller

but the most playful bike you will ride... find someone who has one, you will love it

moorey

call me Mia
only thing i can recommend though is get a frame size larger than you usually would... they seem to run a size smaller

but the most playful bike you will ride... find someone who has one, you will love it
Cheers MrZ, I know the sc bikes pretty well, good riding bud has both a late model nickel and heckler. Fan of both.

Indica, I'm not a gt man, sorry. Never have been, never will be. No good reason. The Dawg isn'ty cuppa either, but thanks.

Az, the Marin is getting up there in travel and weight, not after a 140mm frame, but thanks. Aside from the avid brakes, sounds like a nice build, I have some black flag pro that will go on if I just buy a frame.

Drobbo, can you pm me a bit more info and pics on the banshee. Possibly an interesting option.

Trailstar, same with the chumba. Don't mind the sound of it potentially, and a big fan of the dhx air. What length and stroke is it, btw?

Cheers all, keep them coming. I thought I had a win 30 min after posting this thread, but the zesty offered seems to have gone AWOL getting me some more info. Come back zesty. Talk to me.