VIC Found XO 9 speed grips for grip shift - left and right needed

John U

MTB Precision
Item: XO 9 speed grips for grip shift - left and right
Item Condition: Good to excellent
Reason for wanting:
Time to get back out on the bike. As an intro I am keeping it short and real tame, cycle paths - hopefully at ever increasing distances.
The XO shifting gear on the bike is mechanically sound, and with a 3 * 9 gripshift set up the best for my circumstances, but the grip part on the shifters is turning into that sticky decaying mess which sometimes occurs with softer grips. They are on the way out.
Price and price conditions: What have you got? Looks like these items might be hard to find.
Extra Info: Please hit me up here if you have anything suitable in the shed.
Pictures: This is the beasty I'm putting them on. https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...tural-habitat.273777/#lg=post-2761597&slide=1

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
These were the BOMB... I loved the indexing of the FD and on a 2x9 rig, this was the best drivetrain I've ever used...

Good luck with the search.

9 spd XO was the greatest drivetrain ever!

The one click of index on the 3 * 9 set up made the difference between a silent ride and an annoying ride. Brilliant design.

Thanks for the reply and the link @Ackland . Unfortunately the rubber on those grips appears to be going through the same stages my current set are.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The one click of index on the 3 * 9 set up made the difference between a silent ride and an annoying ride. Brilliant design.

Thanks for the reply and the link @Ackland . Unfortunately the rubber on those grips appears to be going through the same stages my current set are.
I found heaps of replacement grips available

John U

MTB Precision
I found heaps of replacement grips available
That's awesome. At risk of destroying the grips and not being able to replace them, I haven't taken them off. Being my first set of grip shifters I've never pulled a set of grips off. I did a bit of a search and saw a bit of 2 * 10 XO gear but wasn't sure if any of it was cross compatible. I'm after the grips only, so didn't really want to buy 2*10 shifters for the grips.

I also returned a few ads like this below which look to be archived and no longer available for purchase.

It has been a few years for me. My mtb google fu is not what it used to be.

This is when all it started to get difficult (unknown cross compatibility with 10 speed and right side only) so I thought I'd put it to the Rotorburn brains trust.

moorey

call me Mia
I have a minty pair of shifter that the most excellent @\m/ Moshboy \m/ donated with a bike. I used thumb shifters on the donor build instead.
If any use to anyone, will swap for other stuff suited to upcoming kids builds. (Grips, pedals, short stems, 680-700mm bars, 10sp drivetrain gear, saddles)
69F89393-8DDF-45A9-B622-CC8060EE3E5D.jpeg
D3C2D0C5-0928-4432-BB38-9D8D26BB0556.jpeg

moorey

call me Mia
I have a few expensive sets of bars in that width range I could donate, we know you do good stuff for less privileged kids :cool:

Will have a measure and PM later.
Cheers. I’m off to Japan for 3 weeks tomorrow so might chat when I’m back. They don’t need to be fancy, but I only ever seem to have 550mm sets, or good 750+ spares of my own that I’d rather not cut down to use.
I’m not checking in here regularly, so probably better to chuck a message to 0408820237. Thanks man.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cheers. I’m off to Japan for 3 weeks tomorrow so might chat when I’m back. They don’t need to be fancy, but I only ever seem to have 550mm sets, or good 750+ spares of my own that I’d rather not cut down to use.
I’m not checking in here regularly, so probably better to chuck a message to 0408820237. Thanks man.
Let me know when you are back, Im sure I have at least half a dozen sets of 660-720mm here.